1. ROMEO AND JULIET ENGLISH BUSINESS WRITING (ENB204)LECTURERMrs. GAYE V. SALACUPMiss TANN SIVKONG ID:1114100040Miss AY CHENG ID:1114100030Miss POV PHENG SEANG ID:1114100020 DIAMOND GLASSMr. HEANG THYRITH ID:1256111620 CAMBODIAN MEKONG DESIGNMr. HIN BUNMY ID:1256100414 UNIVERSITY
2. William ShakespeareWilliam Shakespeare was anEnglish poet, dramatist, and actor.He was born on April 26, 1564 inStratford-upon-Avon, England, andhe died there on April 23, 1616.His plays generally fall into threecategories: tragedies, comedies, andhistories.
3. SummaryRomeo and Juliet is a storyabout two families, theMontagues and the Capulets.It is set in Verona, Italy.
4. Summary Act 1 At the beginning of the story, there was a fight between Capulet and Montague. The Prince Escalus appears and stops the fighting, proclaiming sentences of death to any that renew the fighting.There is a party at Capulets house, the Montagues attend theparty (in masks), Romeo spies Juliet, and he falls in love with her.
5. Summary Act 2 When the party is over, Romeo appears and speaks to Juliet under her window. They swear their love to one another, and decide to marry on the next day.Soon, at the Friars cell, he marries Romeo and Juliet, and Romeoplans to visit Juliets bedroom that evening.
6. Summary Act 3 At the street, Tybalt encounter Mercutio and slays him. When Benvolio informs Romeo that Mercutio is dead, Romeo seeks out, fights, and slays Tybalt in revenge.The prince appears and Benvolio explains all to him, at which thePrince exiles Romeo for slaying Tybalt.
7. Summary Act 3 At Capulets house, he and Paris set the wedding date for Paris and Juliet to be three days hence. Juliet tells her parents she will not marry, but Lord Capulet commands it will be so.Juliet vows to kill herself if the Friar cannot find a way to save herfrom marrying Paris.
8. Summary Act 4 The Friar, hearing Juliet threaten suicide, tells her of "distilled liquor" she can take to fake death for 42 hours, so she can be placed in the Capulet tomb.Then, he will tell Romeo to be there waiting for her to take her toMantua.
9. Summary Act 5 Because of the letter to Romeo is late, he thinks she is dead. At the tomb, Romeo finds Juliet and mourns her death, then drinks the poison and dies.Juliet then awakes and spots Romeo, and she stabs herself withRomeos dagger. THE END
10. Character Analyze Romeo Juliet Friar Lawrence Mercutio Tybalt Capulet Paris Benvolio Prince Escalus
11. MoralsThere is more to love than lustLabels mean nothingListen to adviceDont seek revengeDont act hastily
12. ThemesThe Forcefulness of LoveLove as a Cause of ViolenceThe Individual Versus SocietyThe Inevitability of Fate
13. ConclusionRomeo and Juliet is thestory about two younglovers, who their familyare enemy. At the end ofthe story both of them aredied because of their love.