Various types of student portfolios – see resources (AB stuff, for example)
Show resources – briefly discuss student led conferences, ePearl, etc…. Leave at that.
Discuss: do Principals really look at these?
Pros and cons- hints to use them
Discuss pros and cons of each
Use smartboard – list some ideas! Refer to assignment for my ideas
Some points – remind them that I want to see some artifacts & content, but this is a work in progress.
Explain – some people may not have compatible software (WORD, etc)& non-editable – review how to convert.
Show SFU stuff & Helen Barret site & her portfolio versions, then show some student ones….
1. ePortfoliosWhat? Why? How?
2. What & Why?For students:An assessment tool for formative &summative assessment. The studentcollects evidence of learning & reflectson their learning.Professional: Teacher portfolio that showcasesskills, background etc. with the goal ofobtaining employment.
3. Student PortfoliosPortfolios are increasingly common inschools & electronic portfolios are growing inpopularity since they can include video,audio in addition to more traditionalelements.ePortfolios can take many forms, inManitoba ePearl is a popular platformsupported by MB Ed.See ICT@BU google site for resources &
4. How?Offline:using PowerPoint, Keynote, Flash, htmlor similar product.Online:options from creating your own site tousing tools like Wordpress, GoogleSites, Weebly, Yola …
5. Some ideas:  A welcome page  Personal info, goals  Resume (highlights & rest as pdf or all?)  Experience: work, teaching, volunteer, etc  Teaching philosophy  Professional learning (include some info: what was it about? Reflection – what did you learn?)  Artifacts: student teaching reports, notes, lesson examples, activities, ICT items…  Classroom Management plan?  Sell yourself – include things you have done that might get you an interview/job
6. Some Tips (if you usePowerPoint) Start with a folder – name it “MyPortfolio” or similar. Include ALL files (attachments) in a subfolder called “files”. Link them to your PPT after you do this! Burn it to “play automatically” OR include the free PowerPoint viewer app. DO NOT make it linear!
7. Remember!This is a dynamic, evolving artifact.Keep it:  current,  workable (no broken links),  dynamic,  aesthetically pleasing,  simple/clear navigation,  use colour, graphics,  include REFLECTIONS!
8. One moresuggestion….When you save files to includeas attachments (resume, etc.)convert to a pdf & include it thatway!I hope this helps you to get ajob! Good luck!