In the Spirit of Well-Being Reiki & Shiatsu By Prathap Kumar
About me <ul><li>I am Prathap Kumar, a Shiatsu and a Reiki Practitioner practicing it for many years now. Shiatsu & Reiki are a profound Japanese techniques which can relieve one from the usual stress of a typical working day experience; resulting in complete relaxation aiding towards one’s Well being. </li></ul><ul><li>I give sessions as well as teach it to individuals & groups including children. </li></ul>
7 Chakras 1. MULADHARA Chakra 2. SVADHISTANA Chakra 3. MANIPURA Chakra 4. VISHUDDHA Chakra 5. ANAHATA Chakra 6. AJNA Chakra 7. SAHASRARA Chakra
1. MULADHARA CHAKRA ( Root ) Located in the perineum, the point between the anus and the sex organs Lymph system, skeleton system (teeth and bones), the prostate gland in men, the sacral plexus, the bladder and elimination system, and the lower extremities (legs - feet, ankles , etc.). Also the nose, since it is the organ of the sense of smell, and associated with survival. Color: Red Endocrine Gland: Adrenal glands Sense: Smell
1. MULADHARA CHAKRA ( Root ) Security, survival, trust, the relationship with money, home, job. Ability to be grounded, to be present in the here and now. Ability to allow one's self to be nourished, in the sense of allowing one's Inner Being to be satisfied. This chakra also reflects a person's connection with their mother, and with Mother Earth. How the person feels about being on the earth. Connection with the physical body. Symptoms or tensions in the parts of the body controlled by this chakra indicate tensions in the parts of the person's consciousness related to this chakra. Tension here is experienced as insecurity as a general perceptual filter. More tension is experienced as fear. More than that is experienced as terror, or a threat to survival. Element: Earth
2. SVADHISTANA CHAKRA ( Saoral ) Located at the Center of the Abdomen Reproductive system, sexual organs, lumbar plexus Color: Orange Endocrine Gland: Gonads Sense: Sense of taste, appetite
2. SVADHISTANA CHAKRA ( Saoral ) This chakra is associated with the parts of the consciousness concerned with food and sex. It is about the body's communication to the Being inside, about what the body wants and needs, and what it finds pleasurable. The person's ability to have children is also associated with this chakra. If there is not a clear relationship with the element of water, associated with this chakra, the person's relationship with water is a reflection of their relationship with the parts of their consciousness associated with this chakra, i.e. food, sex, or having children. This chakra is also associated with the emotional body, and the person's willingness to feel their emotions. Element: Water
3. MANIPURA CHAKRA ( Solar Plexus ) Located Solar Plexus The parts of the body associated with this chakra include the muscular system, the skin as a system, the solar plexus, the large intestine, stomach, liver, and other organs and glands in the region of the solar plexus. Also the eyes, as the organs of sight, and the face, representing figuratively the face one shows the world. Color: Yellow Endocrine Gland: The pancreas Sense: Eyesight
3. MANIPURA CHAKRA ( Solar Plexus ) Parts of the consciousness associated with this chakra include perceptions concerned with power, control, freedom, the ease with which one is able to be themselves - ease of being. Mental activity and the mental body is also associated with this chakra. The solar plexus chakra is also associated with the level of being we call the personality, or ego. The relationship a person has with fire, or the sun, can be seen to have its parallels in the person’s relationship with the parts of their consciousness that this chakra represents. Someone sensitive about the sun, then, can be seen to have particular sensitivities about power, or control, or freedom. Element : Fire, the sun.
4. ANAHATA CHAKRA ( Heart ) Located at Center of the Chest This Chakra is associated with the heart and the blood circulatory system, and the cardiac plexus, as well as the lungs and the entire chest area. Color: Emerald Green Endocrine Gland: Thymus Gland, controlling the immune system. Sense: Sense of touch, in its aspect of relating to the person inside the body, and distinct from the sensation of the Orange Chakra, which is more about the sensation one feels from their own body. Hugging, therefore, is a Heart Chakra activity.
4. ANAHATA CHAKRA ( Heart ) When one hugs, one is aware of what the person inside the other body feels, and they are aware of what you feel inside your body, and there is a sense of relating to the person inside the body. Sensitivity about being touched indicates heart chakra sensitivity. Perceptions of love, relationships (relating) with people close to your heart, e.g. partner, siblings, parents, children. Difficulty with breathing, or with the lungs, the organs of air, indicates tension in the Heart Chakra. A person's relationship with air reflects their relationship with love. AIDS is a problem with the person's perceptions of love, since it is the immune system which is affected. The person feels that their lifestyle separates them from those they love, often because of societal judgment. Element: Air
5. VISHUDDHA CHAKRA ( Throat ) Located at Base of the throat This Chakra controls the throat and the neck, and the arms and the hands. It is associated with the brachial or cervical plexus. Color: Sky Blue Endocrine Gland: Thyroid Gland Sense: Sense of Hearing The aspects of expressing and receiving. Expressing can be in the form of communicating what one wants and what one feels, or it can be an artistic expression, as an artist painting, a dancer dancing, a musician playing music, using a form for expressing and bringing to the outside what was within.
5. VISHUDDHA CHAKRA ( Throat ) This chakra is associated with listening to one's intuition, which guides one in an optimal flow, in which one sees one's goals manifest, and it seems that the Universe provides all their needs with no effort on their part at all. It's a state of Grace. Abundance, therefore, is associated with this chakra, as is the aspect of unconditional receiving necessary to accept the abundance of the Universe. This is the first level of consciousness in which one perceives directly another level of Intelligence, and experiences one's interaction with this other Intelligence. Metaphysically, this chakra is related to creativity, creating, manifesting in the physical world the fulfillment of one's goals. Element: Ether, as the crossover between the physical world and the world of Spirit. On the physical level, it corresponds to deep space as the most subtle physical element. From the point of view of the Spiritual, it represents the matrix on which physical reality manifests.
6. AJNA CHAKRA ( Brow ) Located Center of the Forehead This Chakra is associated with the forehead and temples, with the carotid plexus Color: Indigo, Midnight Blue Endocrine Gland: Pituitary Gland Sense: Extra Sensory Perception, all of the inner senses corresponding to the outer senses, which together are considered spirit-to-spirit communication. These include, for example, clairvoyance (inner sense of vision), clairaudience (inner sense of hearing), clairsentience (inner sense of touch), etc.
6. AJNA CHAKRA ( Brow ) This Chakra is associated with the deep inner level of Being we call the Spirit, and with what we consider spirituality and the spiritual perspective, the point of view from that deeper part of our being that western traditions consider the subconscious or unconscious. It is the place where our true motivations are found, and is the level of consciousness that directs our actions and, in fact, our lives. It is also from this point of view that one sees events in the physical world as the manifestation of co-creation among the Beings involved in those events. Element: Inner Sound, the sound one hears inside that does not depend upon events outside. Often considered a pathological condition by traditional medicine, it is also seen by eastern traditions as a necessary prerequisite to further spiritual growth.
7. SAHASRARA CHAKRA ( Crown ) Located on top of the head This Chakra is associated with the Brain and the entire Nervous System Color: Violet Endocrine Gland: Pineal Gland Sense: Empathy, Unity, experiencing another person’s experience as if you were inside them This Chakra shows our relationship with Our Father in Heaven. It represents our connection with our biological father, which becomes the model for our relationship with authority and ultimately with God.
7. SAHASRARA CHAKRA ( Crown ) When one experiences a sense of separation from their father, they close the crown chakra, and experience a sense of isolation and aloneness, as if they are in a shell, and having difficulty with feeling contact with those around them. Thought processes tend to justify and maintain the sense of aloneness. The view from this chakra includes seeing one's Self as the single consciousness creating all, and paradoxically, thus connected to all, like a dreamer dreaming a dream and realizing that all that is perceived is just an extension of their own consciousness. Element: Inner Light, which is what one experiences when they are in the deepest part of their being, as a point of consciousness glowing with intelligence. Also called White Light. Metaphysically, this is considered the most subtle element of which the entire physical universe is created.
What is Shiatsu? <ul><li>The human body has fourteen "meridians" that carry energy throughout the body. These meridians start at the fingertips, connect to the brain, and then connect to the organ associated with the specific meridian. Shiatsu deals with all the aspects of a person as a whole: body, emotions, mind, and spirit as one, not as separate parts. It relaxes muscular tension and balances the vital life forces of the body. </li></ul>
How does Shaitsu work? <ul><li>Like acupuncture, shiatsu is based on the holistic system of traditional oriental medicine, where illness is thought to result from imbalances in the natural flow of energy, or qi (pronounced "chee") through the body. </li></ul><ul><li>Shiatsu therapists use finger and palm pressure to energetic pathways, called meridians to improve the flow of qi. A scientific explanation is that shiatsu calms an overactive sympathetic nervous system, which improves circulation, relieves stiff muscles, and alleviates stress. </li></ul>
How can Shiatsu help? <ul><li>Shiatsu can mainly help with the following: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Relieve stress and tension </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Relax mind and body </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increase blood circulation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Aid in the removal of toxic wastes </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Provide relief from head, neck and shoulder aches </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Promote the healing of injuries </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increase energy levels </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increase overall feeling of well-being </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Decreasing labor pains and combining with other complimentary therapies it can help many others…. </li></ul></ul>
Why should I use complimentary therapies? <ul><li>It cleanses the whole body of toxins, restores balance, strengthening the immune system and improving resistance to illness. </li></ul><ul><li>It enables life-giving energy to flow uninhibited through the body's energy channels. </li></ul><ul><li>It brings about inner peace, confidence and a sense of wellbeing, reversing the effects of stress and ageing in mind and body. </li></ul><ul><li>It enhances your strength, energy and vitality, as well as mental clarity and alertness. It helps the body to heal itself, thus reducing dependency on herbs and medicines. </li></ul><ul><li>Helps you to become more self aware and make positive and beneficial lifestyle changes. </li></ul>
Complete Body Shiatsu ( Duration: 60 min. ) <ul><li>Full body Shiatsu using traditional Chinese acupuncture points (without needles) and pressure techniques. This technique helps align the body’s 14 meridians (energy channels) releasing Chi (energy) throughout the body. The treatment is performed on a comfortable massage table; loose clothing (Cotton T shirt and track pant) is expected to be worn by both male and female clients. </li></ul>Shiatsu therapy is more beneficial than standard massage as it can be used to treat a variety of common ailments but particularly injuries, by diagnosing the problem area and redirecting flow of internal energy. It can provide pain relief and leaves you feeling totally relaxed and tranquil, energized and focused.
Integrated Deep Tissue ( Duration: 90 min. ) <ul><li>Shiatsu and Rei-ki, combined with deep hand strokes to release tightness and restrictions in deep muscle layers. </li></ul>
Reflexology ( Duration: 60 min. ) <ul><li>Reflexology works on the principle that there are areas on the hands and feet that correspond to glands, organs and structures of the entire body. During a reflexology treatment the therapist will apply various massage and pressure techniques on these reflex points to effectively treat the whole body. Reflexology is deeply relaxing, giving a pleasant and soothing sensation, releasing tension throughout the body. </li></ul>Reflexology also increases circulation, aiding the distribution of nutrients and oxygen, and removing waste products from the system. Not only the physical body, but also the emotional states of the patient may be influenced by manipulation of the feet. Reflexology is particularly beneficial for pre-conception, post-natal and also during Pregnancy .
Pregnancy Shiatsu ( Duration: 60 min. ) <ul><li>This massage consists of a combination of acupressure and relaxing, rhythmic massage techniques, to enable the muscle tension to really let go. Particular attention is paid to the lower back area, head, neck and shoulders and then finished with a relaxing foot massage. The massage is longer to enable maximum comfort to positioning and uses </li></ul>
Maternity Reflexology ( Duration: 30 min. ) <ul><li>During this treatment relaxing massage techniques open the feet to enable the body to let go and systems to balance. Particular attention is paid to the endocrine system reflexes for hormonal support as well as promoting suppleness in the pelvic area. Deep relaxation and a soothing touch help to relieve anxiety and prepare emotionally for motherhood. Treatments can help with constipation, nausea, fluid retention or poor circulation and sometimes with inducing over term pregnancies. </li></ul>
Chi Kung <ul><li>Chi Kung (specialized family package) Baby Chi Kung weekend workshops: 120 mins interacting sessions where you can benefit from listening and learning with other parents maximum 8 families per session minimum 5 families. </li></ul><ul><li>Chi Kung workshop Chi Kung workshops for families: 120 mins interacting sessions where you can benefit from listening and learning with other families maximum 8 families per session minimum 5 families. </li></ul>
Shiatsu Bodywork <ul><li>(Group Therapy) 80 mins Full body Shiatsu using traditional Chinese acupuncture points (without needles) and pressure techniques. This technique helps align the body’s 14 meridians (energy channels) releasing Chi (energy) throughout the body. The treatment is performed on a comfortable massage table; loose clothing (Cotton T shirt and track pant) is expected to be worn by both male and female clients. </li></ul>
Ailments & Injuries <ul><li>If you suffer from any ailments (physical & emotional) I can help with the combination of various natural therapies. </li></ul>
Reiki Treatments/Initiations’ Workshops <ul><li>Scanning to identify the aura blockages </li></ul><ul><li>Aura cleansing </li></ul><ul><li>Healing the aura </li></ul><ul><li>Chakra Balancing </li></ul><ul><li>Treating with Reiki </li></ul><ul><li>Understanding the chakras and its functions </li></ul><ul><li>Initiations of 1 st and 2 nd degree Reiki </li></ul><ul><li>Group treatment </li></ul>
Contact <ul><li>You may contact Prathap to discover other healing techniques he uses in his healing practice and to experience the beauty of Shiatsu at your premise. </li></ul><ul><li>Call on (0) 9010 704 904 or (0) 7837 300 771 </li></ul><ul><li>E-mail us @ [email_address] or </li></ul><ul><li>log on to www.prathapkumar.wordpress.com or </li></ul><ul><li>http:/ /www.lifepositive.com/practitioner/prathap_kumar1.asp </li></ul>
List of therapies <ul><li>List of therapies offered are as follows: </li></ul><ul><li>Aromatherapy </li></ul><ul><li>Shiatsu treatment/workshops </li></ul><ul><li>Reiki treatment/workshops </li></ul><ul><li>Reflexology </li></ul><ul><li>Counselling Reality therapy based on choice theory(Marriage & Juvenile counselling) </li></ul><ul><li>Tarot Reading </li></ul>
List of therapies <ul><li>Chi kung Workshops ( For babies 7days to 7 years) </li></ul><ul><li>Anti and post natal reflexology (Both for individuals and groups) </li></ul><ul><li>Maternity reflexology & Shiatsu( Both for individuals and groups) </li></ul><ul><li>Group Meditation and relaxation sessions </li></ul><ul><li>Wheat grass therapy for chronic illnesses like cancer etc.... </li></ul>