Including citations from PubMed in Refworks
Exporting PubMed citations to Refworks
1. Perform a search and mark the references you want to export.
2. Change the Display option from Summary to MEDLINE.
3. In the Send To drop-down, select Text. A window opens with just the
references in MEDLINE format.
4. Select Save As from your browser and select Text as the Save As file type.
5. Log in to RefWorks.
6. Select References/Import from the toolbar.
7. Select NLM PubMed as the data source and as the database.
8. Browse to find the text file you saved to your computer.
9. Click Import.
10. Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder.
The PubMed Links icon identifies a reference as being imported from PubMed
and having links back to PubMed for additional information. Additionally, any
references with a PubMed ID (PMID) that were imported into your account using
an Open URL resolver will also link back to PubMed.
The PubMed Links icon is displayed from any View (All References, a Folder,
Search Results, Full View, Standard View, or any designated output style) as well
as in the Edit view of a record or when clicking on the View link for a particular
To Enable PubMed Links:
1. Select Tools, Customize
2. In the RefWorks Links section, select Yes for PubMed Links.
View in PubMed Link
The View in PubMed link takes you to the actual PubMed record for that
particular reference and also has links to the related articles and links that