SKETCHBOOK ASSIGNMENTS: Quarter 2
Directions: Select Assignment and look at examples. See Due Dates Below.
Quarter 2: Complete 1 -10 by the dates listed. (checked at beginning of class!) You
may have to spend time OUTSIDE of class in order to complete for full credit.
1. Design your own color wheel. Look at example on the internet, but try and
create your own version. You may use colored pencil, marker or watercolor.
Due: Thursday, Oct. 24th (Period 1) Friday, Oct. 25th (Period 4)
2. Illustrate a famous saying/quotation. Again, DO NOT COPY an image you find!
You may use marker, pencil, watercolor, or cut paper (stained glass/stencil
technique). Due: Friday, Nov. 1st (Period 1) Monday, Nov. 4th (Period 4)
3. Design an article of clothing (shoes, hat, t-shirt, dress, suit, jacket) that you
would like. Be sure to think of color and pattern. You may use marker, pencil,
watercolor. Due: Tuesday, Nov. 12th (Period 1) Thursday, Nov. 13th (Period 4):
4. Make a dream like collage using magazine images in one color. Ex: a collage of
just blue things. Due: Friday, Nov. 20th (Period 1) Thursday, Nov. 21st (Period 4)
5. Find an object of interest inside your house or art room. Create an
observational drawing of it. DRAW WHAT YOU SEE! Start with outline and
then add shading using a pencil. Due: Monday, Dec. 2nd (Period 1 and Period 4)
6. Draw an object melting. Use pencil, watercolor, colored pencil or marker.
Due: Monday, December 9th (P.1) Tuesday, December 10th (P.4)