2. What is a Preposition? •It describes where the noun is. Some prepositions are: At, above, of, in, onto, Beside, Between, on, and beneath etc.
3. Prepositional Phrases The prepositional phrase starts with the preposition and ends with a noun. Bob went to the beach.
4. Which word is the preposition in each sentence?The seagull flew above the ocean.
5. Your Turn (continued)The kid threw the beach ball into the water.
6. Find the Prepositional Phrase(s) in each sentence. Hint: the subject and verb will never be in a Prepositional phrase. The girls tossed the ball across the net.The children played on the beach, and under the umbrella.
7. Here is a video about prepositional phrases:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owh5U8Z94ew
8. More Review Find the prepositional Phrase The lifeguard ran into the surfboard. The seagull flew into Bob’s face by the ocean.Jim swam through the waves in the ocean. The coconut fell on the seagull.