1. UNT Dallas and UNT SystemPartner Meeting October 9, 2012
2. Kudos from BSC to Team Partners
3. electronic Personnel Action Request (ePAR) Donna Asher, Associate Vice Chancellor for Business Services10/11/2012 3
4. Current HRM Forms Used Form Purpose Institution(s)HRM 4 Position Updates UNT/UNTD/UNTSHRM 5 Posting Vacancies UNTHRM 6 Payroll authorization for regular employees & UNT/UNTD/UNTS /UNTHSC all employees at UNTHSCHRM 7 Payroll authorization for part-time faculty and UNT/UNTD graduate studentsHRM 8 Payroll authorization for Hourly employees UNT/UNTD/UNTSHRM 9 Payroll authorization for leave payouts UNT/UNTD/UNTS (vacation/comp time/death sick leave)HRM 11 Payroll authorization for Task Payments UNT/UNTD/UNTSHRM 12 Payroll authorization Summer appointments UNT/UNTD10/11/2012 4
5. Authorizers/Approvers Depending on Request• Department Head• Deptid/Projid Holder• AVC/AVP/Dean• Vice Chancellor/Vice President• Chancellor/President• Budget Office• Research/Grants Office• UNT Health (HSC)• Equal Opportunity Office (UNTD)• Financial Aid• Campus HR• Provost Office (UNT)• Career Center (UNT)• Business Service Center
6. Ultimate Goal10/11/2012 6
7. ePAR Benefits• significant reduction in paper costs;• electronic signatures to replace manual collection of signatures ;• elimination of manual paper transfer from one office to another;• use of workflow to streamline processes with the ability to track workflow status at all times;• enhanced efficiencies related to staff time and workload;• reduction in data entry errors; and• enhancement of BSC services provided to our customers.10/11/2012 7
8. One form with four sections to do all transactions Job Data (appointment information) Department Budget Table (funding information) Additional Pay (non-base rate salary information) Position Data (position information) 10/11/2012 8
9. Transaction Types1. Hiring/Terminating • Hire – all appointments types and circumstances • Terminate – all appointment types and circumstances2. Employee Changes (monetary and non-monetary impact) • Promotion/demotion • FTE change • Base rate adjustments [merit, market, equity, etc.] • Non-base rate adjustments [augmentations, allowances, etc.] • Leave with/without pay • Return form leave with/without pay • Funding source changes • Department change (Transfers)3. Position Changes & Requests to Post– (used for vacant positions only) • Add/delete position • Funding change • FTE change • Department change • Reclassification • Post a vacancy
10. ePAR Users• Requesters—these individuals have been given the authorization to initiate a new ePAR on behalf of a department.• Approvers—these individuals have been identified as a deptid/projid holder, department head, and/or administrator who have the authority to approve or acknowledge ePARs. Can be ad hoc or proxy approvers.• Reviewers – these individuals have been identified as having a need to be aware of ePARs. No action is required on his/her part in order for the ePAR to be processed and approved.10/11/2012 10
11. Notifications / Worklists• Approvers/Reviewers are notified via email of pending ePAR to approve or review• Approvers/Reviews can access ePAR via worklist (similar to ePro)• Accessible from anywhere the web can be accessed10/11/2012 11
12. Current Status• Pilot started September 7, 2012 (after budget rollover) for FY13 transactions (9/1/12 and later)• 22 departments (across the UNT System campuses and System Administration) participating in pilot program – UNTHSC: Pharmacology, Cell Biology, UNT Health, Facilities Management, President’s Office• Phased-in pilot program by personnel transaction type• After comprehensive processing with pilot group, rollout will begin to all departments on all campuses during FY13
13. HUB UpdatesEddie Reyes
14. Payments Update
15. University of North Texas SystemNew Travel Management Program
16. New Travel Management Program: Services • Full Service & Online Booking Capabilities – Employees will have the option of booking travel through either a full service travel agent via phone or email, or through Concur Online Booking Tool, a web- based and mobile travel solution • Dedicated Customer Service Manager – Liz Cavazos will serve as the key liaison between CTP and UNT System, ensuring a cohesive delivery of all of UNT System’s service and financial objectives • 24x7 After-Hours Support – Travelers will enjoy peace of mind with the knowledge that help is always just a phone call away and they will never be stranded in a travel emergency • Travel Rewards Programs – With CTP, each traveler’s reward program numbers will be added to their profiles and applied to each air, car, or hotel reservation ensuring continued point accumulation • Preferred Suppliers & Negotiated Savings – CTP ranks as a leading buyer with numerous air, hotel, and car suppliers worldwide: additionally, air, car and hotel contracts the state has negotiated may used • Customized Reporting - The BSC Travel area will receive broadcast reporting data from over 250 predefined travel reports that can be sent daily, weekly, monthly or anytime they are needed. If there is not a report that suites our specific needs, CTP will have one customized to your exact specifications • Credit Card Reconciliation – CTP’s credit card reconciliation program can easily and automatically reconcile credit card transactions, identify shortfalls, and call issues to the attention of the appropriate manager, bank, or processor for quick resolution.16
17. New Travel Management Program: Technology • SABRE Global Distribution System (GDS) – SABRE GDS provides global access to more than 400 airlines, 100,000 hotel properties, 13 cruise lines and 25 car rental brands • Bargain Finder Plus – Bargain Finder Plus is an itinerary-led shopping feature which enables CTP to find lower- priced itinerary options based on specific criteria provided • E-Ticketing – All confirmed booking will result in an e-mail generated confirmation that will instantly transmit to each individual traveler once the electronic ticket is issued • Virtually There – The SABRE Virtually There Web and mobile sites enable travel experts to provide real-time valuable travel information to their customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week • MagnaTech Compliance Control - is CTP’s quality control product used for both full service and Concur OBT and sweeps through a queue every 15 minutes to process all bookings made • MagnaTech Unused Ticket Tracking – Tracks unused tickets booked by our full service agents and also booked through Concur. MagnaTech Unused Ticket Tracker updates profiles and send customer notifications regarding unused tickets that are ready for use • iBank Reporting – CTP’s reporting tool which gives access via the web for data with a unique user ID • Concur – is an online booking tool where travelers can book domestic and international flights, reserve rental cars and make hotel and rail reservations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – all from their desktop browsers or smart phones17
18. Concur Online Booking Tool Concur simplifies corporate travel booking while automatically enforcing travel policies and providing visibility through detailed report analysis. Employees are free to make preferential choices while organizations stay in complete control. Book what you need: • Search and book relevant in-policy travel • Save with direct connects, corporate discounts and Internet- only fares Quickly and Easily: • Book everything from one easy-to- use tool • Forgot to book a hotel, rental car or train? Add it from a smartphone • Dive into spending with detailed Integrated corporate, published and Internet air and reporting hotel fares in a single screen18
19. Concur Online Booking Tool Mobile Travel Management Concur’s mobile app streamlines the business travel experience and gives travelers the flexibility to manage their itineraries with ease. Travel information is conveniently accessible and reservations are easy to make on the fly: • View travel itineraries and directions • Easily book hotels, cars, trains or taxis • Check flight status and airport gate information19
20. Concur Online Booking Tool Travel Request Condense Spending and Reduce Costs Travel Request is designed to help businesses manage travel more effectively. Once an employee starts to plan a trip, managers and approvers can approve, reject and request modifications during the process. Gain visibility into flights, car rentals, hotel rooms, rail and other expenses. This gives you greater insight into pre-planned and actual expenses, allowing for more accurate forecasts of travel costs. Optimize Booking Integration When integrated with Concurs Travel solution, employee-entered travel requests are sent for approvals. Employees can use Concurs travel booking solutions to automatically create a travel request. Meanwhile, agencies can book travel for employees based on notification after approvals. Improve Control and Efficiency Thanks to a greater level of pre-trip control and approval, unnecessary and wasteful travel is eliminated. Youll also be able to ensure more reliable travel policy compliance. Altogether, Travel Request helps keep your management process efficient and organized. Talk about serenity. 20
21. Revised Travel Guidelines
22. Submitting Invoices for Processing• Invoices@untsystem.edu• Subject line should include Vendor Name, PO number, Invoice number• Additional instructions for processing should be included in the body of the email.
23. Payroll Update
24. • ELIMINATING HOURLY SUPPLEMENTAL PAYROLLS AND EXTENDING DEADLINES
25. More Processing TimeEffective January 2013Additional 5 business days added todeadline for processing time for hourly paidemployees.No more hourly supplemental pay, hourlyemployees will be paid on regular payroll.Supplemental payroll will be moved to the3rd business day following the regular paydate – will allow direct deposit of pay.
26. Why make these changes?• Increased efficiency and cost savings across the System• Departmental timekeepers will have more time to process timesheets.• Departments will have a limited number of paper checks to distribute on supplemental pay dates.• Most employees will be paid on regular pay dates.• In most cases, hourly paid employees will receive payment on one check for time worked for a given period.
27. Dallas Payroll Checks• Effective immediately, all payroll checks (paper) will be mailed to the employee home address on record in EIS.