While similar with other troops in adherence to the
BSA goals--training youth in responsible citizenship,
character development, and self-reliance,
Troop 246 is distinctive in that
We are a small, select troop with
A Unique Approach,
Special High Adventure Opportunities and
A Great Network of Families for Scout
Small, Select Troop
• In the same way that smaller classrooms are better
for students, being a smaller troop, and a close
group, the boys have more opportunities to test
themselves and develop their leadership skills.
• Our troop is strategically looking for a select number
of new scouts with the potential to do well, not a
• We are a relaxed troup, but effective. Meetings –
every other week on Wednesdays.
Successful Scouts - Achievement
• Troop 246 had 7 Eagle Scouts this year.
• For the three years before this year, Troop 246
had 8 boys per year become Eagle Scouts.
• Only 5% of Scouts in the U.S. earn the rank of
Camping/ High Adventure Opps
• Florida Sea Base High Adventure Camp
• Camp Chawanakee
• Catalina Island – July 2011
• Northern Tier High Adventure Camp in
• Future: Alaska camp
Full calendar of activities
• Fundraising/public service activities at the Pear
Festival, Beach Clean-ups, Moraga July 4th, Scouting
for Food, Zoo Clean-up
• Paintball/rock climbing – Nov; bowling -Dec & Feb,
local hikes and bike rides.
• Tahoe Ski Trip - Jan; Whitewater Rafting - May
• Camping: Camp Chawanakee- August; Santa Cruz
Boardwalk – Oct; high adventure trips
• Join in Mt. Diablo council events: Cal basketball
game, Jamborees, Council dinners/BBQs
It Takes A Village
There’s a good group of families involved with
Troop 246. It’s not just about the boys. In
order for the Troop to be successful, it’s about
having a good support network of families.
Opportunities for adult leaders, merit badge
We hope you will join us.
For more information:
Leslie Green, Recruiting, email@example.com
Jeff Baldwin, Scoutmaster, firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be an Open House on
Wednesday, November 3, 7:30 p.m.
at the Scout Hut on Moraga Way.
Recruiting website: http://troop246.wordpress.com/