1. Where to in
Five consumer behaviours that may impact social
media marketing this year.
Taken from Nielsen Social Media Report 2009-2010
May 6 , 2010
2. Social media use in Australia is growing…
More than 3 in 4 online Australians belong to a social media site
3. Social media has come along way in a short time…
4. Australia leads in average time spent per person on
social media sites.
5. 5 trends to keep an eye on…
6. Mobile social networking has gained traction and is on the rise.
7. Over 26% social networkers participated in mobile social
8. The most popular social networking profile was
9. Expected areas of growth in mobile –
local search, banking, maps
10. What does this mean?
11. Video viewing increasing to support purchase decisions
12. Consumers go to an organisation’s website first to view video…
13. We expect video.
What does this mean?
14. Those who take action after reading/viewing social media head
to organisation’s website or to search engines
15. What does this mean?
16. Platforms such as Facebook and Twitter present solid
opportunities to engage your audience and deliver valuable
59% of all online Australians
now have a Facebook profile
17. We’re not just having conversations with our friends…
18. …while you are not in the room
I had a horrible
I hate that I
have to fill out
10 forms at
How’s this for
F%*@! I really
19. Social media monitoring services are essential
20. To recap…the top 5 trends in social media for 2010
SOCIAL MEDIA MOVES PEOPLE TO YOUR WEBSITE
TWITTER AND FACEBOOK DOMINATE
SOCIAL MEDIA MONITORING