Do Less, Be Better
Alexander Technique For Startups
Proposal by Kate Conklin
Tech startup members need to...
- Out-iterate bigger, established companies
- work long days and nights... and weekends!
- Work on computers for 9+ hours per day
- Convince people to use your product
- Persuade investors to invest money in you
Which results in...
- Increased stress
- Neck, back and eye strain
- Impaired immune system
- Repetitive stress injuries (wrist pain, TMJ...)
- Fatigue and lack of focus
How can you:
eliminate these negative effects
meet your goals
The Alexander Technique
Do everything with less pain, greater ease,
and increased excellence by learning to
recognize and release unnecessary tension.
How it works
1. Observation + Awareness
Accurately identify patterns of tension and undue muscular
efforting that interfere with light, balanced movement and calm,
How it works
Choose not to do an automatic habit
and allow for a different possiblity.
How it works
Introduce a balanced and efficient coordination that
uses the right amount of thought and effort to
produce optimal results.
Who has done AT?
- Actors John Cleese, Ben Kingsley, Paul Newman and Heath Ledger
- Cirque du Soleil Performers
- Musicians Isaac Stern, Paul McCartney and Sting
- Sir Charles Sherrington, neurophysiologist and Nobel Laureate
- John Dewey, philosopher, psychologist and educational reformer
- Nikolaas Tinbergen, ethologist and ornithologist and Nobel Laureate
- Aldous Huxley, philosopher and author
- The Israeli Special Forces
- Introduction and overview of principles of the Alexander Technique
- Using the natural poise of the body in gravity for
balance and movement
- Releasing excess tension and cultivating dynamic movement
- Using your own conscious awareness to direct yourself into
your greatest ease and coordination during any activity
Possible workshop topics
The Stress Response - Fight, Flight, Freeze
The neurobiology of stress and how to manage it
Movement analysis and guidance while in activity at your workstation
Successfully communicate your ideas
Experiencing Ease In Everyday Movement
Sitting, standing and walking
Learn to consciously release excess holding with the help of hands-on work
from the instructor while lying on a table
To request a custom proposal, please contact:
For additional information visit http://kateconklin.com
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.