1. Tuesday, May 15, 2012 “For every “We can only achievethousand hacking quantum at the leaves of improvements in ourevil, there is one lives as we quit hacking at the leavesstriking at the of attitude androot.” behavior, and get to work on the root, the paradigms from which our attitudes and behaviors flow.” Dr. Stephen R. Covey Henry David Thoreau The 7 HABITS of Highly Effective People
2. TEST DO YOU EXPERIENCE TEST ANXIETY? WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO MANAGE AND CONQUER TESTANXIETY ANXIETY? PLAN TO ATTEND THE TEST ?? ANXIETY SEMINAR ON THURSDAY MAY 17, 2012, AT 1:00 P.M. AND 5:00 P.M. IN THE STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER, ROOM 107. PLEASE STOP BY THE STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE! Presenter: Ms. Glenna M. Abney, M.Ed. Academic Advisor Certified Professional Coach Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. Student Success Center Room 107
3. Your Resume Will Self-Destruct In 6 Seconds! Are You Ready To Get Your Game On?Come See Us At The Career Services Workshop On Tuesday, May 15th 1pm & 5pm
4. Next meeting at Woodlawn on Tuesday May 15th at 1:30 & 5pmWe will be discussing activities for the following year.Come and be a part of the Medical Club
5. Career Services Cindi Paolello Charlie King Sabina Contractor Senior CS Advisor Director of CS CS Advisor Angela Ellis Erica Okere Shannon Walters CS Advisor CS Advisor CS Advisor
6. Hello Norwood Students! Starting on May 4th, the Norwood Campus will begin opening its facilities @ 8:00 am on Fridays (7:30 am on all other days) Computer labs will open @ 8:30 am on Fridays Please only access the building after 8:00 am on Fridays as earlier access will trigger the building security system, thanks!
7. When: Thursday, May 17 12:50pm and 5:50pmWhere: ECE Lab (Main Campus - 219)Agenda: Meet your new Student Leadership Team! Contact: Manuel Susarret, Faculty Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org 513-672-1933[office], 513-426-6286[text]
8. Are you NEW TO RELAY FOR LIFE? Relay For Life is a life-changing event that helps communities across the globe celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease.*Overnight relay-style event*Teams of people camp out around a track*Members of each team take turns walking around the track for the durationof the event*Food, games and activities provide entertainment and fundraising opportunities*Family-friendly environment for the entire community 2012 Relay For Life of Norwood, Ohio Friday May 18, 2012-Saturday May 19, 2012 6:00PM-12:00PM at Shea Stadium in Norwood The Brown Mackie Team is forming now! Come be a part of RUN BMC! Stop in to the Admissions Department to find out how you can join the Relay for Life!
9. TIP of the Week! Online Job Searching Networking Works!“Sites like LinkedIn and Facebook can help you get in touch with other networkers at specific companies, with college affiliations or in a certain geographic area.” *****Let’s Get to Work!*****
10. Attention BMCC Students Starting in May, the Norwood Learning Center will start to house members of the upper management team as a means to provide better academic, financial, and student support services to the students of BMCC-Norwood Office is located next to bookstore and hours available will be 8:30 am – 1:30 pm Mondays : Dean McKinley Tuesdays: Dean Jines Thursdays: Peggy Johnson
11. Medical Club Mother’s Day RaffleCongratulations toSarah Taulbee, she isthe winner of theMedical Club Mother’sDay Raffle!Also a special thanks toall who contributed bypurchasing a ticket!
12. Steps to Success •Who Am I…Me Incorporated•Introducing yourself and your resume to employers Let’s Get to Work!
13. Senior Time for Contact Senior Dee McGuire for more info: Care 672-1596 or email@example.com Kick-off event: Main Campus Library Wednesday, May 16 2:00pm – 3:30pm
14. Child Care For The Summer Make your plans for Childcare this summer so you can attend classes.
15. SARAH Dr. JAY DOUG SHANNON PRINCE TAULBEE AVENIDO YEAGER ZOZ ELLIS Practical NursingAllied Health Audio Video Criminal Justice IT & Biomedical Associate Production Legal Studies Equipment Administrator TechnologyAnisha SHELLEY MIKE NANCY JERRYDaniels BOSKO BATTERSON KILLEEN LINDAHL Business Early Childhood Surgical Technology Veterinary GeneralTechnology Education Technology Education
16. Peer Tutors Needed!! WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP OTHER STUDENTS? ARE YOU A MASTER STUDENT? CAN YOU TUTOR MATH AND ENGLISH? ALL SUBJECTS ARE NEEDED. PLEASE SEE MS. ABNEY IN THE NEW STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER TO VOLUNTEER. THANK YOU!
17. on the same PAGESubmit your artistic reaction toThe Submission by Amy WaldmanEntries can be: poetry photography illustration collagesee a librarian for more information
18. Books weighing you down? Have a book that you do not really need anymore? Willing to share a used book? Need extra cash?Consider assisting a Brown Mackie First Quarter Studies student who is in need of a Fundamentals of English Book Fundamental of Math Book Please contact Suzette Everhart at firstname.lastname@example.org , 513-672-1990 or leave a message in Room 102 on her desk before, during break or after classes.
19. Metro Bus PassesImportant information: NOW AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTSBeginning March 2012, Metro will nolonger issue monthly passes.The monthly pass will be replacedwith a 30 day pass.Bus pass is valid for unlimited ridesfor 30 days from the day of first use.Financial aid money must be on yourstudent account in order to chargeyour bus pass.Bus pass is non-refundable andirreplaceable, students are allowedonly one pass per course.Visit www.go-metro.com or call 513-621-4455 for bus schedules and rideinformation.
20. FREE Computer Literacy & Skills Workshop NEED HELP WITH: Working with files, email, troubleshooting, printing, etc Using the internet, search engines, and e-college issues Using the mouse and keyboard for computer navigations Basic computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Windows basics & other at the Learning Resource Schedule an appointment applicationsCenter These are skills necessary for you to be successful in school. WHERE: Woodlawn Campus WHEN: Varies TIME: Varies COST: FREE