Nigeria - Fashion ! By Anya Telfer
- Nigeria is in the West of Africa.
- Nigeria’s capital is Abuja.
- Nigeria shares land borders with Chad, Benin, Cameroon and Niger.
- Nigeria is covered by three types of vegetation: forests, savannah, and montane land.
- Montane land is the least common but is found in the mountains near the Cameroonian border.
- Abuja is Nigeria’s capital city.
- Abuja covers an area of 3,000-sq m.
- It is covered in grasslands and valleys.
- It was officially declared as Nigeria’s capital in 1991.
- It is now one of the fastest growing cities in Africa.
- Some of the people participating in Nigerian Fashion Week are …
- Kators Omar , Reedas, Elizabeth Phillips Bridal wear, Fashion For Life and lots of others.
- Nigerian fashion week helps young new designers start their career.
- Nigeria is one of the few African countries that has a fashion week.
Nigerian Fashion Week 2009
- The 2010 fashion week is in July.
- The Nigerian Fashion Week provides the best atmosphere and opportunity for fashion, beauty, hair products and accessories to meet with both local and international buyers, retailers and fashion press.
More on Fashion Week
- In its sixth year, the Nigeria Fashion Week is fast becoming the most popular fashion event in Africa. Over the years, it has played host to both local and international luxury brands.
- African styles often influence a lot of the major designers in the world.
- For example some of the trends taken from Africa and have been put on huge catwalk shows are …
- Animal prints – such as zebra and leopard
- Statement necklaces and Jewellery
- And the use of lots of bright colours.
African Jewellery These are some pictures of African Jewellery !
Thanks for watching !