21. Mary of Roman Catholicism <ul><ul><li>"You saw hell where the souls of poor </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>sinners go. In order to save them, God </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>wishes to establish devotion to my </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Immaculate Heart in the world. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>If people do what I ask, many souls </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>will be saved and there will be peace.” </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>(Our Lady of Fatima) </li></ul></ul>“ For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” (1 Timothy 2:5)
22. Mary : A Biblical Analysis <ul><li>Marian Doctrines </li></ul><ul><li>Miracles and Messages </li></ul><ul><li>Prayer and Devotion </li></ul>
23. Which Mary?
24. Which Mary? Continued...
25. New Catechism Quotes Re. Mary
26. New Catechism Quotes ...
27. New Catechism Quotes ...
28. New Catechism Quotes ...
29. New Catechism Quotes ...
30. Apparitions of Mary ???
31. Messages from Mary ???
32. Messages from Mary ???
33. Apparition Messages : A Biblical Response
34. Can Satan Do Miracles?
35. Can Satan Do Miracles?
36. Warnings of Deception
37. Purpose of Miracles
38. Results of God’s Miracles
39. Results of Satan’s Miracles
40. Results of Marian Apparitions
41. Catholic Prayer and Devotion <ul><li>Prayer for the dead. </li></ul><ul><li>Prayer to Mary, the Saints and Angels. </li></ul>
42. Prayer is Only For The Living <ul><li>No salvation after death (Hebrews 9:27) </li></ul><ul><li>Now is the day of salvation (2 Cor. 6:2) </li></ul><ul><li>No purgatory (Luke 23:43, 1 John 1:7) </li></ul><ul><li>Soul passes from earth to heaven or hell upon death (Luke 16:22-23, 2 Cor. 5:7) </li></ul>
43. Catholics Encouraged to Pray to Mary
44. Catholic Requests For Intercession
45. Only God Can Accept Prayer
46. Why Do We Pray?
47. Why Do We Pray? Continued...
48. Roman Catholic Mass <ul><li>Transubstantiation </li></ul><ul><li>Mass as a sacrifice </li></ul><ul><li>Eucharist </li></ul>
50. The Last Supper - A Eucharistic Meal
51. Mass is a Sacrifice
52. Mass is a Sacrifice continued...
54. Eucharist continued...
55. Eucharist continued...
56. Transubstantiation Is A Hoax
57. Context of John 6 vs Last Supper
58. John 6:4 Passover was nigh Passover : 14th day of 1st month (Lev. 23:5) “ Bread of Life” Sermon : one day after feeding of 5,000 (John 6:22) Feast of Tabernacles 15th day of 7th month (Lev. 23:34) 6 MONTHS John 7:1-2 Feast of Tabernacles at hand TIME John 13:1-2 Before the Passover; the Last Supper Passover : 14th day of 1st month (Lev. 23:5) TIMELINE OF JESUS’ LAST YEAR 6 MONTHS
59. Context of John 6 vs Last Supper continued...
60. Figurative Interpretation of John 6:35
61. Literal or Spiritual Eating And Drinking ?
62. Literal Interpretation Causes Problems
63. Drinking Blood ???
64. The Mass : A Biblical Examination
65. The Eucharist : A Biblical Examination
66. The Eucharist : A Biblical Examination
67. Roman Catholic Salvation
68. Sacraments of Roman Catholicism “ If any one saith, that the sacraments of the New Law are not necessary unto salvation, but superfluous; and that, without them, or without the desire thereof, men obtain of God, through faith alone, the grace of justification;-though all (the sacraments) are not indeed necessary for every individual; let him be anathema.” Council of Trent : CANON IV, Seventh Session
69. Sacrament of Baptism “ If any one saith, that baptism is free, that is, not necessary unto salvation; let him be anathema.” Council of Trent: CANON V, Seventh Session
70. Baptism : A Biblical Response
71. Sacrament of The Eucharist
72. The Eucharist : A Biblical Response
73. Sacrament Of Confirmation
74. Confirmation : A Biblical Response
75. Sacrament Of Penance
76. Penance : A Biblical Response
77. Sacrament of The Anointing of The Sick
78. Anointing of The Sick : A Biblical Response
79. Requirements For Catholic Salvation
80. Increased Justification FAITH Cooperates with grace GOOD WORKS MERIT Stored up 1st Confession and 1st Communion Mortal Sin ? Justification through sacrament of Baptism Repents of sin? End of Life ? End of Life ? Died in a state of Grace. SIN Dejustification:Sanctifying Grace Lost Rejustification through Sacrament of Penance Temporal Punishment Stored Up Acts of Penance Eucharist + other sacraments Y Y Died in a state of Sin. Y N N N Y N Salvation According To The Roman Catholic Church N Y
81. Roman Catholic Substitutions For Christ
82. Saving Faith
83. Biblical Gospel 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
84. Proclaim Forgiveness Of Sins John 20:21-23: “ 21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.”
85. Preach Salvation Only Through Faith In Christ Mark 16:15-16: “ 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
86. Preach Repentance Luke 24:46-47: “ 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”
87. Teach Obedience To God’s Word Matthew 28:19-20: “ 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
88. Gospel According To Jesus
89. Doctrine of Biblical Justification
90. Deriving The Doctrine of Biblical Justification
91. Deriving The Doctrine of Biblical Justification
92. Justification : Conflicting Anathemas
93. Defending The Doctrine of Biblical Justification
94. Justification According to James
95. Justification According to James
96. The Faith of Abraham ~10 yrs. God calls Abraham (Gen. 12:1-4) POINT OF JUSTIFICATION Abraham believed God. His faith counted for righteousness (Gen. 15:6) Age of Abraham (years) 75 85 Abraham in Canaan for 10 yrs. (Gen. 16:3) Abraham circumcised (Gen. 17:24) 99 Isaac born (Gen. 21:5) 100 Abraham offers Isaac on Mt. Moriah (Gen. 22:7-12) ~110+ Romans 4:3-5 Galatians 3:6 James 2:23 Romans 4:9-11 James 2:21
97. Paul and James on Justification
98. Doctrine of Sanctification
99. Doctrine of Sanctification continued...
101. How to Witness to Roman Catholics
102. Preparation to Witness
103. Overcoming Fear
104. Principles for Sharing Your Faith
105. Principles for Sharing Your Faith continued...
106. The Problem for the Roman Catholic
107. The Importance of Correct Foundation CULTURE & TRADITION RC CHURCH BIBLE Worldly wisdom Human Reasoning SELF ROMAN CATHOLIC LIFE BIBLE CHRIST CHRISTIAN LIFE GROUND Luke 6:46-49 Col. 2:8 Romans 10:1-4 Eph. 2:20
108. The Purpose of the Law
109. Man’s Sinfulness
110. Christ’s Righteous Example
111. Testimony of Man’s Sinfulness
112. The Fear of God
113. Failure to Use the Law
114. Observing the Master Soul Winner
115. The Importance of Correct Foundation CULTURE & TRADITION RC CHURCH BIBLE Worldly wisdom Human Reasoning SELF ROMAN CATHOLIC LIFE BIBLE CHRIST CHRISTIAN LIFE GROUND Luke 6:46-49 Col. 2:8 Romans 10:1-4 Eph. 2:20
116. Strategy for Witnessing
117. Strategy for Witnessing continued...
118. Witnessing Outline
119. Witnessing Outline continued...
120. Principles For Discipleship
121. Summary of Seminar
122. Application For Seminar
124. Questions A Traditional Catechetical Formula 1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me. 2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain. 3. Remember to keep holy the LORD'S Day. 4. Honor your father and your mother. 5. You shall not kill. 6. You shall not commit adultery. 7. You shall not steal. 8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. 10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.