-A brief introduction as to who I am, and what class I am creating this storyboard for.Hello, My name is Brianna Budner, and welcome to my Visual Resume for my Professional Communication & Presentation class.
-Start off with a quote that will explain the transformation and changes that I have gone through over the years.
This is a quote by singer Alex Gaskarth, and honestly, this quote has made a huge difference in my life in itself. Growing up, my mom always used to give me sort of directions that I was supposed to live by, you know, “Go to school, get a job, go to school some more, get married, blah blah blah” And more often than not, people that follow this traditional list, end up being lost.
I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, in a tiny little town called Batavia. I always saw it as a “proper” town, where everything was supposed be done by the books. Then, my freshman year of high school, I moved and was forced to start all over, in a town called Carol Stream, which is a little closer to the city itself.
That aspect definitely played a huge part in my life almost immediately. Chicago is a huge city, filled to the brim with different types of art and music.
Growing up, my dad used to make me listen and appreciate music. There was no “boy band” allowed for me. He would make me listen to the classics, Pink Floyd, ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Rush, etc. My Dad is basically the reason behind me having such a passion for music.
Not to mention the fact that he’s the reason behind my vast collections of music. I began collecting literally everything, whether it was Madonna or Black Sabbath. Plus I don’t only own CD’s, I have DVD, Cassettes, even Vinyl.
However, even though my entire family knew how to appreciate music, nobody in my family, or even my friends growing up, knew anything about instruments. So I decided to “break the trend, and I learned how to play guitar.
But even after learning how to play guitar, I realized that it wasn’t enough to just have one creative outlet. I grew a passion for literally all forms of art in all mediums. Drawing, charcoal, painting, sculpting, everything.
And it wasn’t long until I moved from traditional forms of art and went on to dabble in photography and video editing. Anything that is capable of being visually appealing to the eye. I wanted to try them all.
But, I cannot stress enough that my friends helped shape who I am today. Moving to a new school made me be introduced to new people. And as I graduated high school, I became even more emerged in music than ever before. They are the reason why I’ve gained so much confidence in my work.That’s why this quote applies to me so much. “Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I’ve ever known.”
I eventually began helping my friends out occasionally with their band’s shows, as well as other local bands. I would help them sell merch, hand out fliers, promote, even do things like run their Myspace. This is what got me into wanting to be in the background of the music. And what inspired me to further that passion in the first place.
In February of 2011, less than a month after graduating High School, I began studying Music Business at Full Sail University online. At first I thought that procrastination was going to be my biggest problem, and don’t get me wrong, it still is a struggle, I’ve learned to overcome it. I know that this is my passion, and if I put my mind to it, everything will be worth it in the long run.
All I’ve ever wanted to do is create something that will last. Something that is going to make a difference to at least one single person. It doesn’t matter how big, or how small. Taking this course has helped me gain so much motivation and confidence on a professional level. I’ve learned that simplicity is key.
The bottom line is that, I am me. Over the last few years, I’ve learned how to deal with fear, failure, stress, love, time, etc, and I’ve learned how to keep a level head through it all. Everything happens for a reason, and in the end, your happiness is all that matters.
If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me either by email, or by phone.
1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/elray/320777840/sizes/l/in/photostream/ Brianna Budner Visual Resume Professional Communication & Presentation
2. “Life’s greatest tragedy is not that it will someday end…http://www.flickr.com/photos/marfis75/5374308475/sizes/l/in/photostream/
3. …but that most only live to follow directions. And sometimes we end up totally lost.” -Alex Gaskarthhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/marfis75/5374308475/sizes/l/in/photostream/
4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/223529650/sizes/l/in/photostream/ Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago.
5. Culture rich city influenced me. http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/211566219/sizes/l/in/photostream/
6. I grew up around all sorts of music.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashtonpal/6196666723/sizes/l/in/photostream/
7. A collector of music.http://www.flickr.com/photos/tingy/130365205/sizes/l/in/photostream/
8. I wanted to “break the trend”.http://www.flickr.com/photos/toniblay/31859506/sizes/l/in/photostream/
11. My friends helped shape who I am. “Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone Ive ever known.” – Chuck Palahniukhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/milivoj/2166043959/sizes/l/in/photostream/
12. Helping out local bands.http://www.flickr.com/photos/untitlism/22800371/sizes/l/in/photostream/
13. Full Sail University: Music Businesshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/alanflowersphoto/6694079343/sizes/l/in/photostream/
14. I want to make something that will last.http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/216248156/sizes/l/in/photostream/