1. Interior Design Elements Brittany Collins Presentation 4 TMD 427
2. Creating a Plan <ul><li>Choose a space. </li></ul><ul><li>Sketch the floor plan or elevation. </li></ul><ul><li>Floor plan – sketch of the space from above to scale. </li></ul><ul><li>Elevation – sketch of a space/wall from the front to scale. </li></ul>
3. Creating a Plan <ul><li>Create an accurate digital image to visualize the final product. Then, choose the materials based on the layout. </li></ul>
4. Following a Model <ul><li>When working with a client, have them select a room, such as a kitchen, from a magazine that they would like to model their own kitchen after. </li></ul>
5. Choosing the Materials <ul><li>Types of Granite Counter tops </li></ul><ul><li>Types of Hardwood Floors </li></ul>Types of Tile
6. Choosing the Materials It is important to choose the type of wood and finish for the cabinets at the same time as the color scheme, type of counter tops, and type of floor. Therefore, the materials will coordinate.
7. Selecting a Color Scheme
8. Selecting the Appliances There are several different types of appliance with many specifications to take into consideration including: color, price range, function, necessity, etc.
9. Finishing the Product First, the floor plan is created and finalized. Next, the digital plan is designed. Then, the materials, color scheme, and appliance are selected. Finally, the kitchen comes together.
10. Brittany Collins Contact Information [email_address] (774) 238-9266