1. Happiness is about getting what you want.There are two ways people try to find happiness. One is to continue to accumulate more andmore of what they think they want. The other is to appreciate what they already have. Thelatter is the right path. Happiness isn’t about getting what you want; it’s about wanting whatyou’ve got. Happiness is not a goal, it’s a by-product of living well in each moment.
Appreciate today for all it’sworth. Today is one of thegood old days you’re goingto miss in the years ahead.
2. Success looks a certain way.You are not in this world to live up to everyone else’s expectations, nor should you feel thateveryone else is here to live up to yours. You’ve got to pave your own distinct path. Whatsuccess means to each of us is different. It’s about spending your life happily in your own way.
If you can wake up every morning and dosomething that makes a positive difference,makes you proud, and makes you smile, beforeyou get back to bed, you are a true success.
3. A busy day is a productive day.Busyness seems impressive. It puts you in the heat of the action. You’re always late for socialengagements, barely have enough time for family get-togethers, and hardly get a moment toyourself. It’s all just an illusion. A commitment to anything more than the essential is to workharder, not smarter. So flip it around and work smarter by putting first things first.
4. To be brave is to not be afraid.The only time you can be brave is when you are afraid. Being brave is when you do something,regardless of your fears, because you know it’s the right thing to do. In other words, you areafraid to do it because there are unknowns, but then you go ahead and do it anyway.
There will always be difficulties arising thattempt you to fear that you don’t have whatit takes. To map out any course of actionand follow it to an end requires bravery.
5. To be strong is to not feel pain.The strongest people are the ones who feel pain, accept it, learn from it, and fight throughit. They turn their wounds into wisdom. It’s all about having the courage to take a break,to shed a tear, to dust yourself off, and then to get back in the ring to fight like you’venever fought before.
Life is often painful. It requires a worthystruggle for growth and experience.
6. Everyone around you is holding you back.The truth is, if you’re not working on something meaningful today, the only person holding you backis YOU. If you aren’t doing anything about your goals and dreams, you have no one to blame exceptyourself. Either you take responsibility for your life or someone else will. It’s a lot easier to pointthe finger at someone or something else instead of looking within.
Are you willing to live a few years ofyour life like many people won’t, soyou can spend the rest of your life likemany people can’t?
7. You are automatically entitled to certain things from others.Of course, these expectations of entitlement often go unfulfilled. Why? Because nothingin this world is promised. Regardless of your chosen role in all your relationships andwalks of life, you don’t automatically get any more than you openly communicate,negotiate, and work for.
8. You will feel comfortable when the time is right.If something makes you a bit nervous and uncomfortable, it means you’re doing it right and growing. Allgreat opportunities in life will force you to grow emotionally and intellectually. They force you to stretchyourself and your comfort zone, which means you won’t feel totally comfortable at first. And when youdon’t feel comfortable, you will likely assume the timing isn’t right, even though it is.
9. It’s already too late.Things can change if you want them to, at any age. Right now you can choose differently and make somethingnew happen. Your future is immediate. Grab on to it with both hands and keep on moving on. When you comeup on a roadblock and are faced with the choice of sitting down and doing nothing or doing something to makefurther progress, choose the latter. Think, work, and climb if you have to. Move your life forward.
Nothing is too late until yourtired heart stops beating.If you’re reading this right now,congratulations,you are alive, which meansit’s not too late for you.Thank You Very MuchSompong Yusoontorn
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.