1. TricksMind Controls YouIs your mind playing tricks on you and robbing you of your happiness?
2. Our minds are complex and are often our own worst enemies when it comes to being happy.Our own brains that we know and love deceive us into thinking something is right when it is reallywrong. Recognizing and debunking these traps your mind leads you into is essential to realizinga lasting happiness, into creating stronger relationships, and to succeeding in your career.
3. Trick # 1 : Id be happier if I just had less to doOur minds often try to trick us into thinking wed be happier if we didnt have to work. However,the truth is that idleness often leads to boredom and depression. We are industrious, creativebeings. We need challenge and accomplishment to be happy. Get up and invest yourself intosomething significant and you will find that your happiness factor will rise!
4. Trick # 2 : Its not me, its youMany times our minds lead us to believe we are unhappy due to our spouse, parents or some otherperson in our lives. As Dr. Phil asks, "Hows that workin for ya?" Generally, we are as much, if not more,to blame than others in our lives. We need to accept responsibility for our situation and do our part tomake the best of it. Taking personal responsibility for our actions is the beginning of true happiness.
5. Trick # 3 : I just need to discover the secret to success to be happyThere are no "secrets" to happiness or success. Our own minds would like to convince us that shortcutsexist, they do not. Living a successful life is pretty simple. You create a vision for the future, formulate astrategy and then work hard to achieve it. There are no shortcuts or secrets to this formula. Acceptingthis will get you much further down the path to happiness than anything else.
6. Trick # 4 : If I just had...Our minds deceive us into thinking well be happy when we get the right job or the right house or theright car or whatever. There is nothing wrong with wanting better things or circumstances, but these donot automatically make us happy. They may create a temporary high, but this quickly wears off. Thosewanting a lasting happiness must acknowledge that this is a bottomless pit that we can never fill.
7. Trick # 5 : I like things just the way they are and never want them to changeBelieving this is just letting yourself be set up for a fall. Life is a journey of constant change. Someof which we control and some we dont. Resisting change or trying to control the change out of lifeis self-defeating. It will drain you and rob you of your happiness. Change is inevitable. You mustaccept this and learn to go with the flow. Being adaptable is very important to your happiness.
8. Trick # 6 : If it hasnt happened yet for me, it never willOur minds often get discouraged and disillusioned when success is just around the corner for us.Colonel Sanders didnt start franchising his KFC restaurants until he was 65, forty years after hestarted serving chicken at his service station. Never let your mind trick you into giving up. Youdont know what tomorrow holds. One more day may be all it will take to realize your dream!
9. Trick # 7 : Ill just avoid the things I dont like doingIt is usually the difficult tasks that our minds try to trick us into avoiding. These are oftentimes thevery things that would result in the greatest rewards for us. Procrastination and avoidance ofcompleting important tasks or resolving nagging issues only delays your march to happiness.Attack these head-on and you will find a deep sense of gratification that will fuel your happiness.
10. Trick # 8 : The world is scary and something bad might happen to meOur minds tell us there are a lot of things beyond our control. For instance, the way that crime and terroris sensationalized on TV might lead us to think that bad guys are lurking around every corner waiting todo dastardly deeds to us. However, crime rates have fallen in recent years. Fear is a powerful emotionour brains use to get the better of us. We must seek and trust the facts to break free and be happy!
11. Trick # 9 : Ill decide when I know for sure what to doOver-thinking every decision will leave you stymied. Weighing the risks, analyzing the possibilitiesand making a plan are important, but nothing ever happens until a decision is made and action istaken. We very rarely have perfect information when making choices. Stop sweating it so much!Failure is not the end of the world. Dont let your mind trap you into over-analyzing everything! "Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." - Napoleon Hill
12. Trick # 10 : I know I shouldn’t, butOur minds try to trick us into denying the effects of our bad habits and rationalizing our behaviorwith flimsy excuses. This seems especially common with health issues. A major health issue likecancer, heart disease, or diabetes will certainly challenge your happiness. Dont let your mindget away with this trick! "I know I shouldnt smoke, but it helps me keep the weight off." Or, how about, "I know I shouldnt eat this, but life just isnt worth living if I cant enjoy it."
13. Trick # 11 : Dreams only come true for those that are luckyOur minds will sometimes trick us into thinking we are victims of fate. They will lead us to believe"nothing good ever happens to me". What our brains credit as the luck of others, generally is theresult of years of practice, hard work and preparation. Pursue your dream with your whole heartand you might be surprised at the "luck" that comes your way. "Im a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson
14. Trick # 12 : I could neverOur brains often trick us into thinking we cant. It will lead you around like a dog on a leash if you letit. You are full of potential and although your circumstances might add a degree of difficulty, it isnothing that a little persistence and ingenuity cant overcome. Henry Ford said, "Whether you thinkthat you can, or that you cant, you are usually right." Dont let these tricks steal your happiness! "I could never go back to school. I dont have the money." or "I cant learn to do that. Im too old."
15. Trick # 13 : From now on, Im going to do my best.When we want to make an important change, we have to take a huge leap. But what if youre havinga bad day? The energy is suddenly lost, everything looks bleak, and you cant talk yourself out of it.Its important to remember that the change you want requires time, persistence, and patience. So,take one small step at a time and leave room to learn from your mistakes.
16. Trick # 14 : I just need to be more like…Its normal to think that you should strive to be like those you admire. The problem arises whenyou wish you could be them. By all means, learn what you can from your role models and adaptor modify ideas to fit you. But dont forget to find your own voice. Gaining self-knowledge andself-respect is invaluable to building a lasting happiness.
17. Trick # 15 : Ill just follow what the experts say.Its easy to think that experts can help you find your way to happiness. But that hope can be fleeting ifyou dont apply the lessons to real life. Experts share lessons from their own experiences. While advicehelps, their words serve only as hints, not answers for your journey. Its in your own real experienceswhere you will piece yourself together, realize your capabilities, and find out what matters to you.
18. Trick # 16 : Im so busy. Ill find more time to focus on myself...later.You will probably even blame your commitments for stealing your time. But is it trulyimpossible for you to make time for yourself? Are you busy or is it avoidance? Are thereduties you can cut out? Really look at your schedule, prioritize, and put in a little "you"time. Everything else would benefit more if you spent some time caring for your needs.
19. Trick # 17 : Im too tired. I need a break.However, there is such a thing as having too many breaks. In this case, "taking a break" becomes anexcuse to escape. Thinking about your life shouldnt feel like a chore. Take advantage of the momentswhen your brain isnt dwelling on too many things. For starters, take 10 minutes and ask yourself whatyouve been doing, why youre doing it, and what will make you happier? Its worth your time.
20. Trick # 18 : Other people are just luckier than me.Why put your life at the hands of luck? Personally, Im a firm believer of "you make yourown luck." Do the work you know is necessary because luck cant give you your futurehappiness—you do. Have some more faith in yourself because your goals need you—your energy, passion, and determination—if they are to survive.
21. Trick # 19 : I cant wait until the day…Daydreaming allows you to be creative and visualize where you want to be. It only becomesdangerous when you dont do anything about it. After all, isnt life about experiencing and learningfrom the good and the bad? Your life wont change if you are passing the time in your dream world.Time is precious, so be in the present and get going. Want happiness? Know and believe in yourself. Dont live that happier life in your head. Good things come to those who go after them.
22. Check out this list to see if you are being deceived by your own mind! Id be willing to bet thatyou have been. See how your minds play tricks on you? If you identified with one or more of thecons on this list, dont despair! The truth will set you free! You now have the power to overcomethese deceptions because you can see right through them. Enjoy your new found happiness!
23. We are shaped by our thoughts;we become what we think. Whenthe mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. - Buddha Credit Author : Jeff Nickels & Melissa Ng Thank You Very Much Sompong Yusoontorn