2. Today, it‟s time to learn something new, by unlearning tenlies you thought were true.
3. # 1 : Alone means lonely.„Alone‟ doesn‟t always mean lonely, and „relationship‟ doesn‟t always mean happy. Being alonewill never cause as much loneliness as the wrong relationship. If things don‟t feel right, take abreak and spend some time with number one – you. Find yourself first. Appreciate your ownworth. And next time you‟re in a relationship that‟s sinking, you‟ll be prepared to swim to safety.
4. # 2 : Happiness comes when you have everything you want.To be happy doesn‟t mean you don‟t desire more, it means you‟re thankful for what you haveand patient for what‟s yet to come. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to accomplishsomething big, that we fail to notice the little things that give life its magic. So appreciatetoday for all it‟s worth. These are the good old days you‟re going to miss in the years ahead.
5. # 3 : Pain is something you can see.Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some peopleare just better at hiding it than others. You don‟t know what goes on behind closed doors. Passingjudgment is an unnecessary waste of time and energy. If you have time to judge other people, youhave way too much time on your hands. Get off your behind and do something meaningful.
6. # 4 : Life is supposed to be a certain way.It is ultimately only our own thoughts that hurt us. Simply feeling what we are feeling,and dealing with it honestly, can be very healing. We always have the freedom to choosehow we wish to respond to whatever life presents to us. Let go of how you thought your lifeshould be, and embrace the real life that is trying to work its way into your consciousness. Change what you can change, change your thoughts about what you can’t change, and move on in peace.
7. # 5 : You are supposed to be a certain way.When you stop comparing yourself with other versions of yourself, real or imagined; andwhen you stop comparing yourself with other people, real or imagined; that is when youtaste a peace that is real, not imagined.
8. # 6 : Only a privileged few have the ability to live agreat life.If every morning you wake up and say, “Yes, today is going to be a great day.” And everyafternoon you find a reason to say, “Yes, today is a great day.” And every night you find areason to say, “Yes, today was a great day.” Then one day, many moons from now, you‟lllook back, smile at the memories, and say, “Yes, I lived a great life.” If you spend your time re-living moments that are gone forever, you might miss the special moments that are yet to come.
9. # 7 : Tough times are unnecessary.Sometimes things have to go wrong before they can go right. Sometimes you have to letthe wrong people walk out before the right people can walk in. Sometimes you have tofeel weak in order to know what it‟s like to truly be strong. Sometimes you have to feel alittle broken to realize you‟ll never truly be shattered. Sometimes you have to meet a lot of people you like before you find the one you love. Sometimes you have to take the good in with the bad, knowing that in the end it’s all a worthwhile learning experience.
10. # 8 : To be strong is to not feel pain.In reality, the strongest people are the ones who feel pain, accept it, learn from it, andwork through it. It‟s all about having the courage to ask for a time out, to shed a tear, todust yourself off, and then getting back in the ring to fight like you‟ve never fought before.
11. # 9 : You can fake it.Feel the love before saying, “I love you.” Feel the gratitude before saying, “Thank you.”Feel the humility before saying, “I‟m sorry.” Feel the release before saying, “I forgiveyou.” When you feel it before you say it, it needs fewer words and goes straight tothe heart of your relationship.
12. # 10 : Dreaming is a waste of time.The greatest gifts are those invisible to the eyes but felt deeply by the heart. What we can seeis usually just a small fraction of what is possible. Imagination is having the vision to see what isjust below the surface – to picture that which is essential, but invisible to the eye. Somewhere,something incredible is waiting to be known, you just have to dream big enough to discover it.
13. I‟ve learned these concepts gradually over the last decade. Together they havehelped me live a life of purpose. Had I understood these myths before, I couldhave avoided quite a bit of confusion and grief. My hope is that they help youhurdle over some of the barriers I stumbled into on the road of life. Thank You Very Much Sompong Yusoontorn