2. Welcome• Introductions• Club mission• Cycling category overview• dEVo program overview• 2013 practice and race calendar• Equipment• Sign-on and fees
4. Club MissionThe Mission of Escape Velocity Cycling Clubis to develop and support cyclists in theLower Mainland of BC to achieve success inall levels of bicycle racing.The Vision of Escape Velocity Cycling Club isto be the leading competitive cycling club inthe Lower Mainland of BC for talentdevelopment and race organization.
5. The truthEscape Velocity wants to be the bestracing development club in Canada!- Vision 2020- Partnership with: - Catalyst kinetics - Cannondale, Sugoi - Youth Cycling Network
6. 2013-2015 Sponsorship OverviewCatalyst Kinetics – Title SponsorTRG Group Benefits – Club SponsorSugoi – Official Technical ApparelCannondale – Official BikeBSP – Club Shop SponsorContinental Repairs – Club partnerRoberts Composites – Club partnerVelofix – Club partner (Spring Series)
7. How EV/dEVo is organizedPublic non-profit [AGM elects board]Funding model: Races, fees, sponsors, grants, donorsCurrent committees in the club: – Sponsorship – dEVo program committee – MembershipNew committees for 2013: – Web-development team – Club ride organization and quality – Race organization – Design, graphics, promotion
8. Programmes: dEVo
9. Programmes: dEVo
10. Training ScheduleApril 1 – August 31:Tuesday night – 5:30-7PM, UBC T-bird stadiumThursday night – 5:30-7PM – Cyclocross night.- Seymour demonstration and Burnaby MountainSaturday: 9AM – 12AM Group ride – PlanetariumStanding schedule: If the weather leads to cancelation ofTuesday night racing, the practice will be on.- Preparing and riding in the rain is part of cycling!
11. Saturday mornings: 9AM: April 1 to Aug. 31A = Musette (Longer, varied distance, race pace at times)B = BSP – consistent pace ride akin to Richmond winter Richmond loopC = Planetarium – dEVo rides start
12. Racing scheduleApril 13 EV Sportif – Thunderbird Long Langley Contingent on entriesMay 5-6 Tour de Bloom (Washington State Champs) Wenatchee U13, 15, 17, 19May 11 EV Sportif River Road Fort Langley Contingent on entriesMay 18-19 Mutual of Enumclaw Enumclaw, WA U13, 15, 17, 19June 8-9 VIPYRS BC Youth Road Championships Comox Valley U13, 15, 17, 19June 15-16 dEVo Junior Classic Vancouver U13, 15, 17, 19July 7 Axel Merckx GranFondo Penticton All agesJuly 20-21 Tripleshot/VIPYRS BC TT and TTT Championships Comox Valley U13, 15, 17, 19July 26-28 Tripleshot/AMYDF Three Day Victoria U13, 15, 17, 19July 29-Aug 2 Tripleshot Camp Victoria U13, 15, 17, 19Aug 3-4 Northwest Junior Stage Race Elma, WA U13, 15, 17, 19Aug 24 EV Sportif Series – Murchi Road Langley Contingent on entriesAug 23-25 GVVA BC Track Championships Victoria U13, 15, 17, 19Aug 30-Sep 1/2 AMYDF/Hayman Classic Penticton U13, 15, 17, 19Sept 7 RBC Whistler Granfondo Vancouver All ages Core development race schedule
13. Fall season: CyclocrossSept –> end of Nov1 weeknight outdoor1 afterschool indoor(Catalyst Kinetics – Bby)1 weekend outdoor6 races
14. Bikes and equipmentCyclo-cross bikesClipless: Shimano – SPDMountain bike shoes – SPD- Second set of tires (road racing)- pump- Water bottle cage(s)- Water bottles- jacket for wet weather riding- tights for cool weather riding- seat bag kit - multi-tool - tire irons - spare tube (1x700x23, 1x700x28-32)Optional but recommended after year 1- Garmin power device with cadence and H.R.
15. BSP: walk-in deal10% of Cannondale cyclocross • 44, 48 in stock for sizing • Free road tires and tubes with purchase15% on accessories • Pumps, tires, lights, jackets, tights, etc.
16. Registration and dues: U13/U15Membership: $175- One free team short and jersey ($150 value)- One free helmet from Cannondale (Once in either 2013, 14 of 15)- Free gloves from Cannondale- Discounts and benefits from sponsors- Discounts to EV/dEVo sponsored races and eventsCore program fee: $600- Primarily for coaching and organization.- Race entries and/or travel subsidy when possible- Access to special projects fund (Provincial or national projects)
17. Registration and dues: ParentsMinimum one parent must register.1) Support parent $25No licence needed – not planning to do rides.2) Racing riding parent $100Associate or citizen cycling BC licence3) EV member $100Full UCI license planning to do non-club events4) Racing parent with another club $25