Be the first to like this
Overview of social media for recruiting
- FB: July 2011 more than 800 million users
- Twitter: Microblogging (140 characters). Launched July 2006. 300 million users as of 2011. Generating over 300 million tweets and 1.6 billion search queries per day. The SMS of the Internet.
- Linkedin: Launched in May 2003. 120 million users in 200 countries. 33.9 million unique visitors in June 2011.
- Google+: Launched 6/28/2011. G’s fourth foray into social networking (Google Buzz, Google Friend Connect, Orkut. 62 million users by 12/27/2011 (25% joined in Dec 2011 alone). Add 625,000 users per day.
- Youtube: Created in feb 2005. Bought by Google in 11/2006 for $1.65 B. 2nd largest search engine in the world.
Relationship between social media platforms.
Use of FB, LI, Twitter, and G+ for recruiting.
Social Media as a force multiplier.
By Brian Bluff, Site-Seeker, Inc. @brianbluff