1. Understanding World Religions Comparing and Contrasting the Abrahamic Faiths
2. Warm up Question <ul><li>Why is it necessary to understand stereotypes and ethnocentrism before studying religion? How are they connected? </li></ul>
3. 5/17/2007 Agenda <ul><li>1. Complete World Religion Chart </li></ul><ul><li>2. Discuss R.P.O.Y. Progress </li></ul><ul><li>3. Work on speech (due Monday!) </li></ul><ul><li>4. Check outlines! </li></ul>
4. What are the 3 world religions? Christianity Religion
5. What people are called… Jews What people are called?
6. “ Founder” Who started it? Muhammad “ Founder” Who Started it?
7. When was it founded? 613 to 632 CE (or AD) When it was founded?
8. Holy Book Bible Holy Book
9. Building Used for Worship Mosque Building Used for Worship?
10. Holy Place or Cities Jerusalem Holy Cities or places
11. Monotheistic or Polytheistic? Monotheistic Monotheistic or Polytheistic?
12. Area of Concentration? Middle East and North Africa Area of concentration: Where do believers live today?
14. Title of Religious Leader? Priest Pastor, Reverend, Pope, Bishop Title of Religious Leader…
15. Holiday or Important Dates Observed in our Modern World? Holiday or Important Dates Observed in our Modern World.
16. Your Speech! <ul><li>Take the remainder of today’s class to start writing your speech. </li></ul><ul><li>Remember your speech is to be PERSUASIVE!~ </li></ul><ul><li>Presented in the first person. </li></ul><ul><li>When is your speech due? </li></ul><ul><li>When is your presentation date? </li></ul>