• Less primitives
• We just now have “blob”
• Weakly Typed.
• 3 byte int? (See Slashdot Comment
• Think UUID/IPV4(6)/SERIAL...
• ENUM tosses an error if a wrong value is
Интернет является UTF-8.
Web UTF - 8
The Web is UTF-8.
• Protocol is UTF-8.
• We store in UTF-8.
• (default collation is still up for grabs)
Reuse many eyeballs
• PCRE today (not REGEX)
• No “shipped” libraries
• Maybe ICU? libatomic-ops? Intel Building
Blocks? talloc()? glib()?
How big is it?
generated using David A. Wheeler's 'SLOCCount'.
• Forking is good.
• No emailed patches.
• Anyone can create an account.
• Neutral ground (this has turned out to be
• Short URLs (and yes this matters)
• “Captains” handle trees, karma gets you in
• Those who commit are Janitors.
• Those who only work on their own code are not
• Changes are sent to mailing list. Fuzzy ++ system used
(negatives are weighed more heavily)