2. Property Tax Levy
• First public hearing and introduction of an ordinance
levying property taxes for the City of San Angelo for
the 2013 tax year.
• Proposed tax rate is 0.776/$100 valuation.
• Proposed a rate reduction of ½ cent.
3. Property Tax Levy
• Staff recommends approval of the tax ordinance as
• Consideration that the City Council moves that
“the property tax rate be increased by the adoption of a
tax rate of 0.776/$100, which is effectively a 4.75%
percent increase in the tax rate.”*
*Note that this rate exceeds the effective tax rate due
to changes in debt issues.