3 Theme: Leadership is a different skill than selling. But, if you’re passionate about helping others succeed, you can learn the skills to be a great leader.
ZoomInfo at-a-glance 4 Founded: 2000 Spinoff of CardScan Leading business information database with applications and data service solutions for individual, SMB and enterprise customers Advertising business: Spinoff of Bizo in 2008 Recent – and successful -- expansion in selling to sales intelligence/marketing (data) teams Sales Intelligence: Launched 2008 Data services: 2009 Scale Proprietary database of 50M employees and 5M businesses Customers: 2,000 Website visitors: 4M+/month Leveraging community & collaborative-rich applications “ZoomInfo is a valuable sales tool for sourcing high quality leads. Their data is accurate, reliable and easy to access. The ZoomInfo team works closely with us to understand our business needs, and offer high impact data solutions. We’ve had positive success working with ZoomInfo data, and look forward to our continued relationship in FY11.”
We’re proud of the company we keep ” “ . ZoomInfo helps me be a better sales person because it makes it easy to research companies I’m trying to reach. I pick up the phone knowing exactly what to say. I go to ZoomInfo before I go anywhere else. -- Janet Lerch, IEEE . 5
6 Are you nuts!!!!???? 40%... … of new managers fail in first 18th months. --Source: American Management Association
7 Still awake? 80%... … of Valentine’s Day cards are purchased by women. --Source: Greeting Card Association
9 There’s no faking it Coach Knight Vs. Coach K
2. First 90 days 10 People Talent assessment Hiring goals and profile Cross-functional groups Process Define target segments Funnel Management Sales enablement Technology Integrated sales and marketing systems Lead scoring, automation, nurturing Collaboration
3. Leadership vision 11 Why would anyone want to be led by you?
4. Hiring stars 12 100%... … productivity increase in A hire to C hire. 20% from B to A hire. Be a magnet for stars Build strong network Always be helping Have a matrix Results-orientation Intelligence Entrepreneurial Blind reference checks Thoughtful follow up A’s = 33% B’s = 50% C’s = 17% --Source: My estimate
5. Ramp and retain people Spend time with your people 19.5 months of productivity from new hires. People quit their manager before their company 13 37%... … of reps churn in first two years. --Source: The Bridge Group, Inc. Create a strong on-boarding and coaching plan
6. Coaching up Motivation Pipeline review Development plan Certification process 14 15%... … of execs today say their meetings with sales people meet expectations. --Source: Forrester Research, Inc. Create a well documented certification process to coach to
7. Territory management Who is our buyer? How do they buy? How will you focus your demand gen? 15 1 in 3 Only 33% of firms have a focused GTM strategy based on a target market. --Source: Sirius Decisions. Implement a tiered territory strategy that drives return on effort
8. Measure what matters 16 5 calls per hour on average for inside sales reps --Source: The Bridge Group, Inc. People Rep turnover Weekly score board Coaching progress Process Sweet spot alignment Buying cycle Win percentage Technology Win/Loss analysis Campaign measurement Business site conversion Create a dashboard and scoreboard that measures results and the key levers
9. Segment for lift in revenue 17 90 days out Build intimacy Segment by type, size etc. --Source: David Skok, For Entrepreneurs, Matrix Partners Focus on creating a sustainable, scalable base of clients
10. Parting thoughts 18 Crush the number No surprises Don’t over-commit Control your time or someone else will Develop strong relationships with sr. execs Surround yourself with stars Have fun – if you’re not having any, move on
19 Theme: If you are passionate about helping people achieve more, you can transform yourself into a great leader.
Thank you 20 Brett Wallace VP, Sales and Business Development (781) 693-7508 @Brett_Wallace @ZoomInfo_Leads firstname.lastname@example.org http://followthelead.zoominfo.com/