1. Rumpelstiltskin We should think of the consequences before making our choices!
2. <ul><li>A girl was locked in a tower room by the King who heard her father say ‘she can spin straw into gold.’ </li></ul><ul><li>The King threatened the girl and said ‘If you don’t spin any gold each morning for three nights, then you will be executed.’ </li></ul><ul><li>The girl had lost hope – Rumpelstiltskin came along and promised to help her the first night she gave him her necklace, the second night, her ring, on the third night she had nothing to give so the little funny man made her promise him her first child. </li></ul>The Basic Story
3. <ul><li>The King was impressed and married the girl, when their first born arrived Rumpelstiltskin appeared and demanded he had what had been promised to him. </li></ul><ul><li>The girl pleaded and said she’d give him any thing other than her child. </li></ul><ul><li>Rumpelstiltskin said ‘I will give you three chances in the next three days to guess my name, if you fail then I will have you’re child but if you prevail then I will let you keep it. </li></ul><ul><li>Two tries at guessing and still no luck. </li></ul><ul><li>On the third night, a messenger of the King’s was wandering through the woods and saw the little funny man around a campfire singing: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>"To-day do I bake, to-morrow I brew, </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>The day after that the queen's child comes in; </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>And oh! I am glad that nobody knew </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>That the name I am called is Rumpelstiltskin! </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>When the little funny man came back to the palace the Queen said ‘Your name is Rumpelstiltkin. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>He was shocked and furious and ran away without the child . </li></ul></ul>
4. CHARACTERS Rumpelstiltskin A folklore dwarf who offers help in exchange for possessions/assets . THE QUEEN/GIRL THE KING THE MILLER THE MESSENGER The girl promises Rumpelstiltskin her first new born child just to save herself. The messenger heard Rumpel… chanting his name and told the King. The King threatened the girl of execution if she didn’t spin gold, he then married her when she did and had a child. The miller bragged, the King overheard and nearly got his daughter killed.
5. Morals I think there are several morals to this story: Don't Lie Think before you act, or suffer the consequences If the miller hadn’t have lied then the girl wouldn’t have been in the horrible situation she was in and Rumpelstiltskin wouldn’t have been cheated. The miller boasted and nearly got his daughter killed, and the girl promised Rumpel.. Her first child to save her own life. Don't expect anything in return when you help someone else Rumpelstiltskin always wanted something in return for helping the girl, and in the end he didn’t win.
6. KEY WORDS GRIM LIES CONSEQUENCES CHOICES FURY GREED ARROGANCE GOLD HELP
10. <ul><li>Jewellery – necklace and ring being handed to someone. </li></ul><ul><li>A distressed women crying – head in hands. </li></ul><ul><li>A woman pleading. </li></ul><ul><li>A baby being snatched. </li></ul><ul><li>Gold – a hand holding gold coins. </li></ul><ul><li>Rumpelstiltskin – angry faced/red. </li></ul><ul><li>Lies – whispering in ear with sticker saying ‘lie’ on the hand. </li></ul>Ideas for my Rumpelstiltskin-based-photos