1. Pimping Your AngelList Proﬁle" Brendan Baker! AngelPad – March 16, 2011! Brendan Baker!
2. 1" Your job is to capture their attention."!Donʼt tell your life story. Focus on memorable highlights.! Brendan Baker!
3. 2"Youʼre in a market for early stage funding." Stand out. ! Donʼt take is personally. ! Nobody cares about your problems.! Brendan Baker!
4. 3"The best info, as concisely as possible." Be focused. ! Second draft = ﬁrst draft – 25%. ! Third draft = second draft – 25%.! Brendan Baker!
5. 4"80/20: 80% what youʼve done, 20% where youʼre going."Investors will extrapolate your past success to predict your future progress. This is different in other pitching contexts.! Brendan Baker!
6. 5"Evidence trumps potential."Every time you call yourself a ʻvisionary,ʼ a puppy dies. Youʼre not a gamechanger, seasoned professional, innovative, next generation, or any other overused catchphrase.! Brendan Baker!
7. 6"Conviction convinces." Use present tense and strong wording. ! Avoid weak shit like ʻweʼre planning to…ʼ! Brendan Baker!
8. 7" Associate yourself with success."Capture the gold dust from your investors, past employers or startups, customers, etc.!
9. 8" ASM: Always Show Momentum." Venture investors invest in momentum. !Set expectations: ʻweʼre still in private beta but…ʼ ! Use absolute and growth numbers.! Brendan Baker!
10. 9" Geeks rule."AngelList is a technical community. Broadcast your geeks.! Brendan Baker!
11. 10" Give them something to touch right away."Provide a demo with login details or failing that, screenshots. Donʼt rely on a 2 minute demo video. Busy investors wonʼt watch it.! Brendan Baker!
12. 11" Get Help."Ask your advisors, investors and supporters to share your proﬁle, leave comments, vote it up, etc. Social proof is important, and everyone likes a winning team.! Brendan Baker!
13. 12" Be Honest. Always."Misrepresenting information will damage your chances of getting funding. And itʼs wrong.! Brendan Baker!
14. Thank you. "Thank you for building kick-ass companies.! firstname.lastname@example.org! Brendan Baker!