1. GET A LIFE…OBJECTIVE
Where are you today?
What’s the situation?
Let’s rethink everything.
Leave with a new perspective.
So you can get a life…objective.
3. Hi, my name is Bree.Name?
Senior Strategist @ Health Brand Group
Published Knitwear Designer
4. What do you want to be
when you grow up?
What’s your next career
Where do you see
yourself in five years?
5. CAREER PATH? WHAT’S THAT?
6. Wait. Why can’t I have a career path?
(Not Quick Enough)
7. Don’t try to stand out from the crowd.
Avoid crowds altogether.
-‐‑ Hugh MacLeod
8. My what?
You don’t need a path
if you have a purpose.
9. My life
connected to all
things real and
And to inspire and
10. Lynn’s life
“I put a big
table in the
center of the
I can share the
things I love with
A bit of context.
Look back to move forward.
Make time and space.
Crush your comfort zone.
Reframe. Think differently.
12. Uncertainty is where you ﬁnd
You’re going to do “what you do,”
no ma[er where you are.
There is no perfect ﬁt when you’re
looking for the next big thing to do.
A bit of
13. Mine your past.
Audit your experience, knowledge
Don’t edit yourself.
Connect the dots to discover
Are there gaps?
It’s easier to analyze
the past than to
predict the future.
14. Take time to disconnect.
Clean your space, clear your head.
Take a walk, literally.
Be curious and think critically.
15. Crush your
16. Reframing takes more than hearing
someone else explain a new way of
looking at things.
You have to DO things a new way before
you can THINK in a new way.
How can you break out of ingrained
habits and routines to see things
When we change the way we see the
world, we can change the way we connect
with people and think about the future.
18. Not what. Not how. WHY.
Why do you do what you do?
Purpose can accelerate and focus your
growth and learning.
19. The best way to be missed when you’re
gone is to stand for something when
- Seth Godin
20. Go get a life…objective!
Remember, it’s no longer about a path or your career
Instead, discover your purpose and your life objective!
• Start With Why, by Simon Sinek
• Creative Intelligence, by Bruce Nussbaum
• Change or Die, by Alan Duetschman
• Linchpin, by Seth Godin
• The Icarus Deception, by Seth Godin
• Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg
• ChangeThis.com – Read all of the manifestos!