1. Brain Hurricane - An Efficient Tutoring Program Introduced By Reed Howard
2. Brain Hurricane is an efficient tutoring program which was introduced by Reed Howard after conducting an extensive research. It has been incorporated with unique innovative teaching methods which make learning a fun process for students. This program has been implemented successfully and nearly 6000 students in 7 different states have benefitted from it.
3. It teaches the students new techniques to improve individual critical thinking skills, and teamwork as well which help them in using their imagination to solve different problems collectively and also develops individual creativity and imagination.
4. Besides lessening the burden of cramming on students, Brain Hurricane also helps the students in earning better grades and test scores. The students are divided in teams which help in making them learn the importance of team work.
5. The students have to solve their curriculum related problems with the help of their teammates which increases the team spirit among them. The interest of students is kept in mind while designing the curriculum for them. It contains short easy to understand fictional stories which are suitable for all age groups.
6. These stories emphasize on phonemic awareness, vocabulary development, reading comprehension and fluency of students and are also used by the students in reading and writing activities.
7. Brain Hurricane provided its complete database of 2007–2008 which had the scores of students in all the pre and posttest administrations of age appropriate Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) assessments to the Center of Research in Educational Policy (CREP) at the University of Memphis.
8. On comparing both the pre and posttest ITBS assessments, it was concluded that besides showing remarkable improvement in Reading and Mathematics, the students of Brain Hurricane showed average gains of around 14%. To know more about Brain Hurricane, please visit http://www.BrainHurricaneEducation.com