1. “How to use Facebook for Business?” " Birgit Pauli-Haack, July 2012
2. Business Reasons to Be on Facebook1. Inbound Marketing activity to increase Traffic on your website2. Connect with customer and future customers on their terms (where your target audience hangs out)3. Create share-able content for your cheerleaders/strategic partners/members of your business network on social networks4. Use FB advertising for target audience5. Get found in FB searches
3. Demographic Total: 457,480 Facebook users in Ft. MyersGraphic: Birgit Pauli-Haack, Relevanza, Inc.
4. Facebook Profile and Pages Profile sychnronous follow back, Subscription = public posts for subscribers, no follow back Page = Like, no follow back.Recommendation: Set-up a profile for you personally Enable public Subscription Set-up Business Brand Page = Best of both worlds
5. Top Strategies Highlighting basic info about your business, Sharing photos and videos, Having conversations with customers, Providing customer support, and Holding contests and giveaways.
6. Notes Post w/ call to action “Like this” if agree, comment use questions. Fans see your post in their newsfeeds, among the ones from their friends & other pages. 70% of fans never return to a company’s page. They get all their information from your post that appear in their feed. Increase Exposure by Commenting on other company’s pages.
7. Sharing Links on Facebook Test your own website for Rich Snippet compatibility
8. Rich Snippets Twitter auto-posts to Facebook, w/ Rich Snippet When you comment, leave a link and it shows “Rich Snippet Preview”
9. Stats – Reach Organic vs. Viral
10. A Facebook Post FL Tweetup: 330 Likes SeaTweetup 509 Likes
11. A Facebook Post
12. A Facebook Post
13. Original Post
14. Facebook Page
15. A different Site: Facebook Stats
16. Facebook “EdgeRank” Facebooks SecretSauce (tm) Relevance Meter Algorithm to gauge Relevance of friends & brands posts, to determine bubbling up in other newsfeeds Average EdgeRank is determined by Engagement of your content through Like & Comments Especially Shared content. Build Affinity with your audience, therefore increasing your Reach onto their news feeds. The more people engage, the more of your post they’ll see. Dont for get 90/10/1 rule, though.
17. Promote your Facebook Page Put FB like buttons on all other online communication. Blog posts Other web pages Email newsletter Add Facebook Widget to website Buy Facebook Ads.
18. Traffic to Web site
19. Connet & Meet OnlineMy Personal Profile Company Profile Email w/ ideas and Blog on Tumblr questions Blog on Relevanza email@example.com www.relevanza.com Follow me on Twitter Follow Us on Twitter @bph @Relevanza My Facebook Profile Facebook.com/Relevanza This slideshow and more: http://socialmediatechnology.tumblr.com Subscribe to “This Week in Social Media” email list: