1. Awaiting the New Penrose Library Brendan Cronin
2. This picture was taken in spring of 2012, showing just how much progress has been made on the project, despite several delays.
3. A project that seemed like it would take forever is nearing completion in Janurary 2013.
4. Many construction workers are still hard at work, trying to have the project completely finished by spring break.
5. Sidewalks still remain closed throughout campus while construction continues.
6. A temporary library was set up in the Governor’s Ballroom of Driscoll Bridge. The library is quite small, which many students are not happy about.
7. The temporary library’s computer room is always busy with students printing out their assignments.
8. Many students, especially Business students, choose to study in the Daniels College of Business.
9. The Marcus Commons in the Daniels College of Business lets many students make due without a library.
10. For even more peace and quiet, students can reserve a private room in the hallways of the Daniels College of Business.
11. Another building students choose as an alternate study spot is the Morgridge School of Education.
12. Copper will make the library shine like a beacon on campus.
13. Large windows will allow for plenty of natural lighting, making the building environmentally friendly.
14. The library will be three stories tall, with the north side having plenty of room for individual study sections, as well as more tall windows to let in sunlight.
15. To those driving down Evans Avenue, the library construction looks finished. In just a few weeks, students will finally be able to go inside and take advantage of all the new amenities it has to offer.