11. The internet is about communication and sharing, but
now it’s also about making stuff and being creative...
12. Internet resources
13. What is Web 2.0?
Web 2.0 refers to a perceived second generation of web development and
design, that facilitates communication, secure information sharing,
interoperability, and collaboration on the World Wide Web.
Web 2.0 concepts have led to the development and evolution of web-based
communities, hosted services, and applications; such as social-networking
sites, video-sharing sites, wikis and blogs. (source: Wikipedia)
to the average student...
Web 2.0 is the web
14. Best web applications for use
the teaching and learning of MFL
27. Etherpad - Collaborative word processor
28. There are many tools like these...
29. What is Microblogging?
• Microblogging is a form of blogging that allows users to
send brief updates (usually 140 characters) via the web,
email or SMS.
• Microblogging can be used to communicate on a person to
person level or in groups
30. Do you follow Stephen Fry on Twitter?
31. Popular microblogging platforms
32. Closed group
You can send messages, alerts or set assignments
33. Click here to access
34. Give your assignment a title, a
description and a due date
(even attach a ﬁle)
35. Customise and manage
your groups and
obtain the group’s code
36. It offers students the
option of communicating
in whichever language
they feel comfortable
Students can hand in
Students can ask
questions about the
37. Students can hand in
Teacher set assignments
stay on the timeline as
38. Teachers and students
can choose to receive
39. The calendar allows you to see at a glance
the work you have set