2. Dear Slideshare Followers, I’m star4ng a new project called the World Startup Report. In the next 9 months, I plan to travel to 29 countries to document each country’s startup community. If you enjoyed my China Startup Report presenta4on and want to see what else is happening in the global startup community, please follow me on my new Slideshare account: hGp://www.slideshare.net/WorldStartupReport Thanks and I look forward to sharing my new startup reports with you! Chers, Bowei
3. Might not be “The next Facebookmight not come from Silicon Valley” - Bowei @ Lithuania 11/16/2012
4. Is a social mission to…Document & ConnectDocument our world’s Identify and empower localstartup ecosystems through startup activists to becomea series of reports detailing the ambassadors of eachthe local culture, trends, key ecosystem. Leverage thisplayers and challenges. Share network of ambassadors tothese reports for free to help connect people tobeneﬁt everyone in the each other and to theglobal startup community. global startup community.
6. Hosted by: Bowei Gai• Silicon Valley Serial Entrepreneur• Co-Founder of (Acquired by )• Author “The China Startup Report” (80,000 views on slideshare)• Do-Gooder and ﬁre starter
7. … Joined by a group of Accomplished Silicon Valley EntrepreneursAlex Polvi Sami Inknien Paul Singh Binh Tran Benjamin JoﬀeCo-Founder Co-Founder Partner Co-Founder Founder S. America E. Asia Africa S.E. Asia India …Plus many more
8. Backed by World Renowned Startup Organizations
9. Dave McClure Brad Feld 500Startups TechStarsGeeks-On-A-Plane Creator Startup Communities Author Championed by Startup Communities Experts
10. And supported by these Amazing Sponsors!
11. We’re hoping one day to… Create a Community Guidebook that details every startup ecosystems in the world. Provide accessible and actionable information to entrepreneurs, investors and policymakers from around the globe. Maintained by the community, for the community.
12. Here’s our approach
13. While visiting each city… Meet the local entrepreneurs, investors and policy makers Give public talks to share our team’s skills and expertise Seek local activists to become startup ambassadors
14. After visiting each city… Work with ambassadors to gather local startup data Compile data + our insights into a startup report Share our startup report with the world
15. Want to help?
16. We are looking for… Sponsors for the World Startup Report Venues to host our talks in each city Hosts to guide us in each community *** If you want to help in other ways, just let us know!
17. We appreciate your help!Email us: Hello@WorldStartupReport.com