1. @rooomie Social roommate management... brought to you by: @botanicus
2. About Jakub• Based in London.• Ruby contractor (VMware).• I want to have my own business.• Follow @botanicus!
3. I wanted to make my and others’ lives easier, without arguing over the bills or who’s turn is to clean up ...
4. Some screenshots from working app!
5. Instead of this mess:
6. Just a simple form:
7. ... and then everyone receivesan e-mail with link to Paypal, so he can pay back easily.
8. However ... It’s not just about thebills, it’s a whole platform formanaging ﬂatshares. Shopping list,noticeboard, cleaning log and moreto come!
9. The Status• I validated the idea with many people.• Barely any serious competitors.• MVP is nearly there!• This is not just a weekend project, I mean it seriously!
10. Revenue Streams• We know where the people live and how much they pay for the bills, so we can offer them cheaper internet etc.• Hyper-local advertisement (shop close to you).• Charge 50p / transaction so we can pay at least for the development in just a few months!
11. Go to market strategy• Be local: get 20% students on one university and it’ll just spread out there. Go university by university, city by city.• Partner with agencies offering ﬂats to students, sites like Gumtree. and organisations helping students with ﬁnding ﬂat (US).• FB app with no registration, it can go viral.
12. The Missing Bits?• YOU! Care to be a beta tester? A cofounder? Or participate as a Ruby developer or a marketing person?• Get in touch NOW!
13. I’m looking for an angel investment!
14. Thanks for listening andfor the great weekend to all of you! @botanicus