WHAT IS A PROTOTYPE?
A prototype is an original type, form,
or instance of something serving as a
typical example, basis, or standard for
other things of the same category.
“An Experience Prototype is any kind of representation,
in any medium, that is designed to understand, explore
or communicate what it might be like to engage with
the product, space or system we are designing.”
Jane Fulton Suri
WHAT IS RAPID
• Implementing some product functionality as soon as possible
• Not worrying about any details or production issues
• Keeping up an illusion!
Rapid prototypers are the
illusionists and magicians of the
• Slow down your interactions
• Use animations and effects to hide a loading process
• Slow interaction makes people understand your prototype!
• Shows the state change
• Shows relationships between elements
• Focusses attention