2. A Visual Presentation by
Geoﬀ McDonald and Book Rapper
Copy this the right way.
You have permission to post this, email this, and print this for free to anyone you
like, as long as you make no changes or edits to its contents or digital format.
Pass it along and make many copies to contribute to an inclusive world.
3. tracks trends
digs up big ideas
presents them visually
creates actions for you to do
4. web logA list of entries, similar to a diary,
posted regularly on the internet.
6. we blog
7. we blog
8. How to Create Your
Own Media Channel
9. The Book
10. We Blog is derived from...
11. The RAPs
12. RESOURCES : anything you use to generate wealth.
ACTIONS : an act of will, a deed completed.
PROFITS : to gain an advantage or benefit.
Each RAP comprises...
13. Blog Why?We Blog Intro Blog Medium
The We Blog RAPs...
14. Blog TraﬃcBlog Money Blog Being
15. Blog LifeBlog About Blog Resoures
16. Blog MoneyRAP3
17. ♡Whilst your blog
can be a labour
18. ...it can also be a profit centre for your business...
$ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $
19. ...or the
of your entire
20. It’s all depends on
the makeup and
stats of your
21. Four Strategies to Make Money from your Blog
23. A number of the interviewees in are paid to blog.
24. If you want a blog job, your...
25. ...your personal blog is your advertisement.
26. It speaks to your...
27. style attitudeskills
28. Bring your blog and your business case to the attention of...
29. ...your current employer
potential new employer.
30. Blogging may be a solo exercise,
like a journalist running their own newspaper.
31. Or, as in the case of Autoblog, the job-bloggers are part of
a 24 hour global team posting new content on the hour.
32. Action To give yourself a shot at job-blogging...
Develop a business case
to market yourself
within your organization
or to potential clients.
For instance, better
36. Your blog may be the seed that...
37. ...builds the audience...
38. ...that sells the product/service...
39. ...that builds your brand.
40. Did you know...
41. Chris Anderson wrote his book The Long Tail as a blog?
42. he invited comments
from the readers of his blog.
During the process
43. enhanced and enriched the subsequent book.
that this reader, or community, involvement
He has acknowledged
44. It was a smart move.
45. As Anderson wrote and published more posts
he built up his audience.
46. When his book was ﬁnally published
it was to a large, warm and receptive audience.
47. Be willing to...
48. learn as you blog - and...
49. ...share what you learn as you learn it.
What are you building?
what you want
in the future.
For instance, if you’re writing a book,
your future desired outcome informs
what you write about today.
54. Free content paid for
by advertising or sponsorship
has been the basis of...
55. ...TV, radio and, to a lesser extent, newspapers
(subsidized cost) for many years.
56. This strategy may also...
57. ...work for your personal blog.
58. A good place to start is...
59. ...to check out Google Adsense.
60. And then, when you really start drawing
attention to your blog you can conﬁdently...
61. ...approach bigger ﬁsh.
62. The key question to ask
with regard to advertising is...
63. Will it undermine my content?
64. The right advertiser
may add credibility to your blog...
65. ...whilst others may create a conﬂict of interest.
66. Action Time to decide.
Am I going to advertise now, or not?
Will I advertise in the future, or not?
Make your intentions clear from
the beginning as it can shape the
loyalty of your readers.
70. Write your blog to...
71. ...promote your current product or service.
72. It’s a smart thing to do...
73. ...provided it’s not simply a bunch of one-sided
press releases that brag about how good you are.
74. That’ll never work!
75. No audience
76. Whatever it is you want to sell, you need to...
78. ...to attract an audience.
79. Don’t sell to them.
80. Make a list
of what you
via your blog.
This might be obvious or it may present
a whole host of new opportunities.
82. Action Be willing to look.
No one said you only had
to sell your own products...
84. Want More?
85. Blog Why?We Blog Intro Blog Medium
The We Blog RAPs...
86. (This one!)
Blog TraﬃcBlog Money Blog Being
87. Blog LifeBlog About Blog Resoures
88. BR Members can get the complete set of We Blog RAPs at...
89. Book Rapper provides
innovation + leadership
workshops and keynote
upon the hot trends in
the books we RAP. We
can help you proﬁt from
the ideas in this RAP.
90. More Book Rapper Resources...
91. Read the Book Rapper Blog...
92. Look out for more slideshows at...