48. Which diagram best models the
movement of coastal air during the
ANSWER TO 48:
51. Air moving from the poles toward the
equator turns west. the primary cause of
this global deﬂection is...
A. The shape and size of land masses.
B. Larger cities surrounded by farmlands
C. Changes in the magnetic ﬁeld.
D. The rotation of the planet.
ANSWER TO 51
52. When a layer of cool air at the surface
of earth is found under a layer of warmer
air above it, the result is known as...
A. The Coriolis effect.
B. The greenhouse effect.
C. A temperature inversion.
D. An upwelling.
ANSWER TO 52
56. At which location on
the map would a rain forest
most likely be found?
ANSWER TO 56
57. Where would a desert most likely be
found on Planet X?
ANSWER TO 57
59. Snow on the ground prevents polar
climates from gaining heat by what
A. Heating by greenhouse gases.
B. Heat spread from the equator.
C. Cloud formation decreases.
D. Stormy weather patterns develop.