Transcript of "Building a Faculty Publications Database"
Digital Access Librarian,
Florida International University Medical Library
LITA Forum, Nov. 9, 2013
* A large list of faculty publications in
* Refshare interface – not user friendly(?)
* A searchable web application requested by the
* Twitter Bootstrap, PHP/MySQL, JS
* Ongoing development
* Data cleanup
* Decision for data maintenance in the future
* Data entry
(Integration of data import from PubMed by Pubmed
* Faculty buy-in
* Linking to other library systems such as IR
* 3rd party vendor products – Digital Measures /
Sedona – also in consideration by College of
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.