From Card Sort to Redesigned Intranet Site: A Success Story
- 1,204 views
This is a case study describing how we moved an intranet that wasn’t working for its employees into a successful website. ...
This is a case study describing how we moved an intranet that wasn’t working for its employees into a successful website.
The objectives were to "lead with the need,' to determine how current employees want their information organized and what should be emphasized first. Our goals were to redesign the intranet site, focusing on the navigation and organization (overall information architecture); make the site usable; especially when it comes to finding things; and to make the site attractive and understandable to employees.
A card sort seemed the best solution because we had 2 sites that needed to be unified and that had grown too small for the additional information that kept getting added year in and year out. We had an IA that wasn’t working, and we wanted to discover how employees – the principal users of the site – wanted their information organized.
We chose a open card sort because we wanted participants to tell us how they wanted the main categories of the site named (as opposed to us naming the categories for them).
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views