On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Tyree melton and lisa trinh powerpointPresentation Transcript
15 Events In Book Two 1.Bigger came home after he killed Mary, Buddy found the money that Bigger had dropped and if he was in “trouble”.
2.Bigger told Peggy a made up story of where Mary has went after he burned her body.● She told him to bring the trunk out and leave the car in the driveway. And Mary was with Jan.●
3.Bigger went to see Bessie and showed her the money he got from Marys purse.● Bessie keeps questioning Bigger of where he got his money from. She started to annoy Bigger and reminded him of his mother
4.Bigger finally informs Bessie about a part of the story that Mary had disappeared.● He did not tell Bessie that he killed Mary and plans on sending a ransom note to the Dalton family for money
5.Mrs.Dalton questioned Bigger and also questioned him about what happened last night.● Bigger told her the story and she picked up a clue. For example, Mary did not take any of her new clothes
6.The Dalton’s hired Britten, a private investigator. - He questions Bigger and attacks him for being acommunist. Bigger told him about Jan giving himthose pamphlets.
7. Mr. Dalton did not want anything more thanto get his daughter, Mary, back.-He asked the reporters to state that he will paymoney the money.
8. The reporters showed up because Jan gotarrested.-They questioned Bigger and also tookpictures, mostly about Jan and the Red.
9. Ms. Peggy asks Bigger clean out thefurnace.-Bigger purposely didn’t want to remove theash from the furnace knowing the body’sremains are in there. The rom was filled withsmoke.
10. One of the other men ended up taking overand cleaning out the furnace ashes.- As the man poked through the ashes, hecame across Mary’s bones and her earrings.Bigger immediately ran off.
11. Bigger is now on the run after being foundout.- He went to find Bessie and took her to anempty building. Bessie was crying andresenting him.
● 12. THE SECOND MURDER!!- Bigger thought that he can’t take her if shecontinues acting like she was, so he decides tokill her with a brick and throws her body out ofthe buildings window.
● 13. Bigger stole a newspaper and found thatthey are looking for him.- Closing in on the black belt and will searchthe building that he’s in soon.
14. Bigger went into an empty flat and hid onthe roof.- People came up onto the roof and searched,Bigger hit one of the men searching and theyfound him.
● 15.Bigger began to attempt to escape.- He shot and missed one of the guys andeventually got hosed down, and dragged downthe stairs and arrested.