1. The Future ofMobile & Tablet UsageMobile & Tablet Usage Presented by J Brooke Milam
2. Advocare going MobileSmart phones, tablets, and mobile computersMobile websites are the latest crazehttp://www.mosio.com/mobileanswers/benefits-of-having-a-mobile-website/
3. From Microsoft to Apple...the TabletIn 2002, Microsoft coined the phrase tablet computerwhen they announced the production of the MicrosoftTablet PC, a “pen-enabled, personal computer”. In 10years, the growth & popularity of the tablet, has notonly grown, but evolved into something new.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Tablet_PC
4. Impact on Web DesignNatural ApplicationDistinct Mobile DesignMore responsive/receptive mobile designThink Hybrid
5. Current Technologies Android Android vs. Apple IPhone Android vs. Apple IPhone Java but portions of code can be in C, C++ Debugger integrated in Eclipse, standalone debugging monitor available Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Project Kenai Android plugin for NetBeans Android only, because of Dalvik VM, March 2009 apk Free, IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition - Free• iOS SDK Objective-C Debugger integrated in Xcode IDE Bundled with iPhone SDK, integrated with Xcode IDE Xcode, AppCode iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Only via App Store, needs review and approval by Apple Inc.Apple tools are free for an Intel-based Mac. Simulator testing is free, but installing on a device needs a fee for a developer signing key. AppCode - Commercial licenses available.
6. Do NOT work well togetherExamples of web sites that DO NOT work well on tablets or mobile devices- For IPad users, anything that reqires Adobe Flash is a NO Businesses that have not designed mobile web sites Example: www.cavallipizza.com
7. DO work well togetherLarge chain stores such as Target.comBanks with mobile accessGamesRestaurant chainsCar Dealershipswww.bankofamerica.com
8. BenefitsQuickly Growing MarketBrand VisibilityHaving the brand in the palm of their handsMobile sites leading others in the fieldhttp://www.mosio.com/mobileanswers/benefits-of-having-a-mobile-website/
9. Constantly ConnectedBetween Smartphones & Tablets, our society isconstantly connected.The impact is significant.The results are clear.