Search Engine Optimization In 2013 By ValueChecks.net
Inbound Marketing In 2013
Know The Game
Algorithms have changed. Your site must change.
Advertising Methods In 2013
There are better ways to advertise your website.
Important SEO FACTORS
Most of the basics of SEO have not changed.
• How do you know who to listen to about SEO
• So many different opinions make this guessing
• SearchMetrics studied 10,000 keywords and
looked at pages that ranked in the top 30
• The results were interesting
SearchMetrics Ranking Factors
The top influencers of ranking are coming from social networking links.
Download Report From Search Metrics
Ranking Factors Continued
Keywords in external links are about 1/3 the power of social links.
Backlinks Are Important
SearchMetrics.com Rank Correlation Factors – 2013 -
* Stop Words are words Google ignores
What Are Links?
HTML = <a href=“http://www.mysite.com”>Wedding Receptions</a>
ANCHOR TAGS = <a></a>
Anchor Text = Wedding Receptions
Two Sources Of Links
• Internal Linking
• External links
Make sure the external anchor text is not “hard keywords”
Navigational links need to be written to enhance human understand in the
easiest fastest way possible without unnecessary repetition. Internal links
between pages can have soft keyword links to help customers.
• Other sites mention you or your brand and
give provide a link for their customers back to
• Anchor text needs to be more explanatory and
less “hard keywords”
• Important ranking factor in current
Building Clickable Assets
• Create “How To PDF’s”
• Create “Information Guides”
• Create “Videos”
• Create “Blog Posts”
• Conduct Interviews
• Use Power Point Presentations - Animoto