2. Know The Game
Algorithms have changed. Your site must change.
3. Advertising Methods In 2013
There are better ways to advertise your website.
4. Important SEO FACTORS
Most of the basics of SEO have not changed.
5. Case Studies
• How do you know who to listen to about SEO
• So many different opinions make this guessing
• SearchMetrics studied 10,000 keywords and
looked at pages that ranked in the top 30
• The results were interesting
6. SearchMetrics Ranking Factors
The top influencers of ranking are coming from social networking links.
Download Report From Search Metrics
7. Ranking Factors Continued
Keywords in external links are about 1/3 the power of social links.
8. Backlinks Are Important
SearchMetrics.com Rank Correlation Factors – 2013 -
* Stop Words are words Google ignores
9. On Page Factors Still Matter
10. What Are Links?
HTML = <a href=“http://www.mysite.com”>Wedding Receptions</a>
ANCHOR TAGS = <a></a>
Anchor Text = Wedding Receptions
11. Two Sources Of Links
• Internal Linking
• External links
Make sure the external anchor text is not “hard keywords”
12. Internal Linking
Navigational links need to be written to enhance human understand in the
easiest fastest way possible without unnecessary repetition. Internal links
between pages can have soft keyword links to help customers.
13. External Links
• Other sites mention you or your brand and
give provide a link for their customers back to
• Anchor text needs to be more explanatory and
less “hard keywords”
• Important ranking factor in current
14. Building Clickable Assets
• Create “How To PDF’s”
• Create “Information Guides”
• Create “Videos”
• Create “Blog Posts”
• Conduct Interviews
• Use Power Point Presentations - Animoto
15. Content Strategies
16. Be Creative When Producing Content
17. Power Of Images
• Get people to share your content
• On Facebook
• On Pinterest
• On Blogs
• General Media
18. Backlinks From Image Shares
A stunning, creative graphic can create a lot of interest, a lot of sharing.
19. Use Compelling Graphics
20. Graphic Design Grabs Attention
21. Use Infographics To Tell Your Story
Provide coding that makes these easy to share with others.
22. Generate Content Worth Linking To
One infographic can convey a large amount of information in a small space.
This is the top of an infographic.
23. Different Ways To Build Authority
Hours can be spent learning each of these three areas.
24. Non-Profits Have High Authority
Consider your favorite charity and ask others to donate to it as well.
25. Avoid Gimmicks
They aren’t long term strategies.
26. Media Use
News worthy information and videos can be distributed easily.
27. Create Branded E-Books, PPT
28. How To Find Link Opportunities
www.soloseo.com – generates lists of related search queries
29. Formatted Search Queries
30. Find Follow Links
This is a nofollow link
31. Find Out Where Others Get Links
• MajesticSeo.com – Backlink analyzer
• Ahrefs.com – Backlink analyzer
• Opensiteexplorer.com – Backlink analyzer
32. Use Google+ On Your Pages
33. Wordpress Plugin For Google+
34. Strong Market Indicators
35. Don’t Cut Corners On Your Site
What helps you today may not help you next year.
36. Competition Is Tough
More than 90% of all Internet business start-ups end in failure within the first 120 days.
**Just don’t think that partying all night, sleeping until noon and 3 or 4 hours with a computer will make you rich.
38. With The Right Ingredients
Your website can move a lot of people.
39. Thanks For Watching