2. Objective of this Session• Corporate Ethics• Body Language• Avoiding Negative Language
3. Corporate Ethics• Ethics means a set of principles of right conduct.• Ethics in the workplace in its simplest terms means doing the right things that guide your behavior at work.
4. Corporate Ethics• Effective Communication• Body Language• Avoid Creating Disturbance• Trust & Respect for Others Work• Don’t Interfere In Others Work• Respect the Privacy of your Co-workers• Avoid Ethnic & Gender Biasness• Improve Your Self Presentation• No Personal Work During Work Hours• Maintain the balance between transparency/openness and confidentiality
5. Corporate Ethics No one can make you ethical. No one can make you behave ethically. It must be a desire within you.You must be fully persuaded to live your lifewith integrity, with excellence, and with pride in your work.
6. BODY LANGUAGE Non-Verbal Communication• Body language comes in clusters of signals and postures, depending on the internal emotions and mental states.• Non-verbal communication includes facial expressions, eye contact, tone of voice, body posture and motions, and positioning within groups.• It may also include the way we wear our clothes or the silence we keep. Have you ever heard anyone say, "His actions spoke so loudly, I couldnt hear what he said?
7. BODY LANGUAGE
8. EYE Contact• Talking to an individual• Listening to someone• Talking to a group• Arguing• Attracting someone• Loving someone
9. Smile & Laugh Facial ExpressionFace is the index of MindThe eyes, the lips and the muscles express many feelingsIt can also be deceived by manipulation
10. Handshake• It is commonly done in meeting, greeting, parting, offering congratulations, expressing gratitude, or completing an agreement.• There are 23 types found according to the Management studies.
11. Handshaking : Remember •Stand up •Step or Lean Forward •Make Eye Contact•Have a pleasant oranimated face•Shake hands•Greet the otherperson and repeathis or her name
12. Handshakes to AvoidDominant Handshake The TwisterPolitician DEAD FISH
13. Posture One of the first things people notice is how you present and carry yourself.• Head Up• Shoulders back• Chest out• Stomach In• Breathe Normal• Use your hands more confidently (Arms spread, hands open or relaxed are all positive signals)• Keep a good attitude
14. Avoiding Negative Language: BL• Avoid lack of eye contact. Force yourself to look others in the eye when greeting, talking, and especially when listening.• Avoid mumbling. Speak a bit slower and get it right. You will attract more people you like being around.• Don’t be afraid to take up some space.• Don’t slouch; sit up straight .• Lean, but not too much.• Don’t stand too close.• Avoid extraneous body movements.
15. Avoiding Negative Language: BL• Finger drumming, scratching, twitching, and darting eyes around room.• Avoid hiding your hands and palms. Evasive people with secrets dont show their hands.• Avoid closed body postures, like arms folded across chest. Do keep your posture open, except your legs.• Avoid touching face when speaking. Rubbing nose, eyes, ears, head, or neck shows doubt in what you are saying or hearing.• Avoid an unblinking stare and the same facial expression. Blink normally and nod your head to show agreement, and that you are still alive and not bored to death.