2. Sketch – Smart Distribu*on: This idea is about the space changed according the number of people. It is about how to make the space more ra:onaliza:on and guide the people who have the same interests were classiﬁed into one place to read and discuss together.
3. Sketch – Interests Driven: Community formedPeople have chosen books that based on their interests or books inspire them and that have shaped their worldview or their ideas. This idea happens in the local community club, in this place books were classiﬁed by diﬀerent categories. ACer people choose the book they want, special eﬀect on the ceiling or wall could guide people those who have the same topic to the same area to seat in. This could increase the opportunity for people who sit beside you to talk with.
4. Sketch – Fulﬁll CuriosityPeople feel curios about what other people might have in their mind based on the same interest or belongs to the same topic. So this concept is about you bring your own book to this place and swapped with others who belong to the same category. This ac:vity-‐ barter your own book for another means your exchange your own opinion or show your value to others.
5. Dormitory in university
6. Common Reading Program in PolyU
7. “There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people’s eyes” Diﬀerent people have diﬀerent understanding about the same book, they provide diﬀerent perspec:ves for each other to view the world in a diﬀerent way.
8. Design statementWe want to provide an space to bePer support the common reading program in public ac:vity room.
9. Common Reading Program in domitory Use symbols and signs
10. 1. Visualize topic contents and show the intensity of discussing
11. Common Reading Program in domitory1. Visualize the intersec:on of diﬀerent ideas and perspec:ves 2. Make people aware of the signiﬁcance of this kind of intersec:on
12. When don’t say hello to each other?Because -‐-‐-‐Have no reason to start a conversa:on -‐-‐-‐No eye contactDesign something to create a reason to start a conversa:on
13. When a user are When user moved, the When another user came, wai:ng Elevator, loca:on of the smile another smile face will There will be a smile face will be changed. appear. face appear on the And ﬁrst user’s smile face door. will turn to the later one and say ’Hello’
14. Scenario In an art exhibi:on in Polyu, when a student stand in front of a picture, a buPerﬂy represent her will come out, and when another students come in front of the picture, a ﬂower come out and interact with the buPerﬂy, two students will be aﬀected by the interac:on between the objects that present themselves, and then interact with each other naturally. When they go out of the area of the picture, the buPerﬂy ﬂy away and the ﬂower also go away.