1. The customer journey withSinterklaas & Christmas
2. 1Follow the customer journey This period of the year is very crucial for people and companies. This represents the moment that queries are rising in almost vertical (retail, telco, business gifts, etc).
3. 2Follow the customer journey So get ready for every phase !
4. 3Follow the customer journey Preparation stage High season Final sprint Post Christmas
5. 4 Preparation stage – Objectives :Get on top of mind and catch the early birds shoppers Get (store) brand on top of mind during full Christmas season Promote unique selling points (e.g service, price and assortment Increase & stay in touch with active client base
6. 5 Preparation stage – Checklist :Get on top of mind and catch the early birds shoppers Have complete assortment online so that shoppers can find your products.
7. 6 Preparation stage – Checklist :Get on top of mind and catch the early birds shoppers Reach gift giver on every touchpoint, especially on :  Mobile/Tablet : Optimise the experience (search & landingspage)  Video : active brand channel  Social : Christmas gift wish-listing by social media
8. 7 Preparation stage – Checklist :Get on top of mind and catch the early birds shoppers Register new customers, build remarketing lists Activate loyal clients by remarketing
9. 8 High Season – Objectives :Maximize sales revenue Maximize traffic of Christmas shoppers to in-and offline stores Maximize sales volume, margin and basket value Stock management
10. 9 High Season – Solutions :Maximize sales revenue Maximize Traffic :  Influence brand perception with a Christmas Contextual Display campaign  Complement TV with online video advertising to profit from synergies  Use promoted video for product reviews and product information  Use Video & Display remarketing to re-engage with existing client base
11. 10 High Season – Solutions :Maximize sales revenue Conversion focused with all marketing campaigns :  Activate all search campaign (incl.merchant center & dynamic ads) Use insights for search to real-time stock management adjustment
12. 11 Final SprintCatch last minute shop Catch the last minute shopper Capture peak in product demand : all products available Finish stock with high margins
13. 12 Final Sprint – Solutions :Catch last minute shop Make sure the customer finds you in the last moment :  Search : Capture the uplift in brand and generic queries by raising bids & budgets  Local : Use local extensions to drive traffic to physical store  Use Display remarketing to up-and across-sell Guarantee on-time delivery
14. 13 Post ChristmasClear stock Change of focus : Gift seekers become shoppers Post-Christmas sales : empty your stock Manage returns Upsell to returners
15. 14 Post ChristmasClear stock Create new remarketing list for new customers Adjust your banners to sales promotion message
16. 15 Xmas-6-Point Checklist1. Be present – make sure your keywords reflect you offer.1. Take advantage of the increased traffic to your website! Make Remarketing lists to cover specific Christmas and Sinterklaas / Saint-Nicolas interested public. Increase budget for the existing remarketing campaigns.1. Benefit from Mobile Boom : Make separate mobile campaigns to appear in the top positions and take advantage of the increase mobile traffic.1. Prepare for the final Sprint : Adjust your budget and CPCs for the spike in Christmas and Christmas Sales. Make sure you are shown in the top positions.
17. 16 Xmas-6-Point Checklist5. Think about your Offline channel : use Location Extensions to send last minute shoppers to your stores. Use Mobile campaigns to send price sensitive shoppers to your webshop.5. There are Sales after Christmas : Take advantage of the buying interest and stay in the race with higher CPC’s and Budgets. Use Remarketing lists to address the non-buyers with special Remarketing campaigns.
18. 17Search Volumes for Sinterklaas
19. 18Search Volumes for Christmas
20. 19Search on Sundays, Shopping on Mondays
21. 20 Consumers keep changesPeople are connected all the time wich provides numerousopportunities to reach them
22. 21 Retail & Shopping queries are risingThe mobile retail spike is increasing
23. 22 Be mobile ready – Various solutions Text ads on  Display ads on  Display ads on  Display ads on Mobile Search Mobile Web Mobile Apps Mobile YouTube
24. 23Use online video to highly engage with users Remarket users who have been to you website with video on YouTube Use sequential targeting to engage with users in the up run to Christmas Make use of external annotations to link directly to your products
25. 24Use the right solution at the right moment PREPARATION STAGE HIGH SEASON FINAL SPRINT POST CHRISTMAS (Get on top of mind) (Maximize sales revenue) (Catch last minute (Clear stock) shopper)
26. 25 Enjoy Shopping ! Happy Sinterklass & Merry Christmas Thank you for your attention