Tourism PEI Opportunities
Prince Edward Island Charlottetown
• Selling PEI Tourism products anywhere, anytime...
• BookPEI is Tourism PEI's Central Reservation System
• Bookings can be done online, at the Call Centre and
at Provincial Visitor Information Centres and
• To date there have been 564 online reservations made
through BookPEI – up 63% over last year.
• allows Islanders and tourists to purchase theatre tickets online
• Currently Harmony House, Victoria Playhouse and The
• working with Harbourfront Theatre, Confederation Centre of
the Arts, Festival of Small Halls, Arts Guild, etc to increase
inventory on the site
• Pack Your Appetite Campaign – Potato sales up by
48% in Ontario, 37,000 unique entries into the
contest and over 5,000 Visitors Guide requests
• Oyster Promotion in Quebec – 1 million boxes of
PEI oysters are sold in Quebec each year.
Promotion will be launched at the Shellﬁsh
Festival and will run from Sept-Dec. Oyster boxes
will be branded PEI and include a PIN code and
contest details on each box.
• Flavour Trail – 148 listings across the Island in
categories including: culinary experiences, local
markets, farmers, ﬁshers, restaurants, artisan
producers and events. Website to be launched in
• Fall Flavours – Takes place throughout the month of
September with one week in each Coastal Drive.
Culinary events include Farm Day in the City, Potato
Festival, Culinary Beach Party, Wine Tastings, etc.
•Photos/Videos on TPEI website
CONTACT: Dunne Group
Plans for 2011
• Campground integration into BookPEI
• Online bookings for Attractions and Tours
• Online Itinerary Tool