1. What is Bounce Rate?A guide to Google Analytics bounce rate
2. What is bounce rate?
3. What is bounce rate?Bounces are always one page visits.
4. Is bounce rate important?Pay attention to your bounce rate.
5. Why is bounce rate important?Bounce rate is a user satisfaction metric.
6. Are high bounce rates bad?High bounce rates are almost always bad.
7. When arenʼt high bounce rates bad?Sometimes you satisfy query intent in one page.
8. What is a high bounce rate?Different sites (and pages) have different rates.
9. What is a high bounce rate? 40% 90% 50% Home Page Blog Post Product Page Your mileage may vary.
10. How do you analyze bounce rates? Check bounce rate by landing page and keyword.
11. Is exit rate the same as bounce rate? Exit rate is different from bounce rate.
12. What is exit rate?
13. What is exit rate?Exits may not have landed on that page.
14. What is exit rate?Exits are the last page viewed by a visitor.
15. Whatʼs the difference between bounce rate and exit rate?Land Leave Land Click Leave Bounce Exit Exits can be more than one page visits.
16. Are exits always more than one page? Exits can also be bounces.
17. Are high exit rates bad?Different pages have different rates.
18. Are high exit rates bad?Pages that should naturally create further clicks, but donʼt, are ripe for optimization.
19. Final Questions THINGS ABOUT BOUNCE RATE
20. Can the exit rate be higher than the bounce rate? 100 People Visit From Another Page 100 Leave 100 People Land 50 Leave 50 Leave / 100 Land = 50% Bounce Rate 150 Leave / 200 Visit = 75% Exit Rate
21. Can the bounce rate be 100% while the exit rate is 25%? 900 People Visit From Another Page 150 Leave 100 People Land 100 Leave 100 Leave / 100 Land = 100% Bounce Rate 250 Leave / 1000 Visit = 25% Exit Rate
22. And now you know.
23. Share and ContactHey, before you go!Please Tweet, Like, +1 andshare this presentation if youfound it helpful or entertaining. AJ Kohn Owner, Blind Five Year OldThanks. http://www.blindﬁveyearold.com @ajkohn