4. WHO WE ARE?• Rely on biblically-based doctrine• A church on the corner, but not in the corner• A church where the fragile finds strength• Serve and build relationships within the community• Address people where they are• Meet spiritual, physical, psychological, and social needs.• Supply spiritual food for the hungry• Give encouragement, love and acceptance to the lonely and hopeless
5. UPCOMING EVENTS• Gift exchange Sunday December 23rd• Start preparing yourselves for the “Daniel’s Fast. Pamphlets will be distributed in church• First of the year 2013 we will be starting a mid week bible study. Location to be announced
6. MCM GRAND OPENING!On October 7, 2012, Pastor Antonio Herndon of The Miracle Center Ministries launched out again as a church. This time it was special as this Church had the presence of Bishop Gregory L Bowers and the Penuel MBC congregation present to complete the fellowship. The Miracle Center truly loves the Bishop and their Penuel Family!
7. Miracle Center Opens in the City of BellflowerThe atmosphere was highly charged that evening in Angel City. The visitors may have felt like they were miles away from Bellflower, looking at the ancient dwellings drawn throughout the Christian venue. Friends, family and guest poured in during that evening at 5 pm to embark on the new beginning of the Miracle Center Ministries.
8. MCM HISTORY IN THE MAKINGPastor Antonio Herndon and the MCM congregation have been established in the ministry since 2008 and are no strangers to change. This is the third move for the Miracle Center and one that God divinely orchestrated in His timing!
9. MCM 2012 GRAND OPENING!“All I think about is preaching”, Pastor Herndon was often heard saying while patiently serving as the newly appointed First Assistant under Apostolic Order of the Jubilee Fellowship that Bishop Bowers presides over. The MCM congregation waited too and came along Pastor’s side.With confidence and the strength of an Army, Pastor Herndon preached on that hot October evening! One could have gleaned an impartation from the Lord and from any ministry as music, dancing singing, teaching and preaching were bountiful…
10. Praise! The LordSpecial guests included the talents of Gospel Artist, Elder Larry Houston; Mine Ministry of Tommy the Clown and Company; Praise Leader Gregory Bowers Jr. and praise singers; New St. Paul Praise leader, Deacon Newton and praise team and Pastor Strickland of Sacred Cross Christian Church
11. MCM “5 ALIVE” OCTOBER 7, 2012A video recording of this event, compliments of Internet Media Concepts and Anointed Elegance Events Entertainment is available for viewing on the Miracle Center’s Youtube channel. Special thanks for the support in spirit and presence to include: JandE Productions, Pastor Lorenzo Edwards, of New St Paul Baptist Church, Father Charles Meyers and Red Stainbrook of Angel City.
12. SERMON BITES “REPENT Defined: Change your mind! “• Scriptures: Mark 1:15 The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent ye and believe the gospel• Mark ll:23-24 That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.• Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.• 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.• 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;• 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;• 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:• 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
13. SERMON BITES “REPENT Defined: Change your mind! “• Concept: In order to grasp the concept of Faith you have to change your mind. Faith begins where the will of God is known• What: Faith is like an egg. It has to transform. If the egg does not develop it stinks. Faith is like change -it seizes the moment. Repent (to change) metanoia: means to change the way you think. Speak to the problem relying on the will of God: Revealed Will: the written word of God; Sovereign Will: move of God according to 1Corithians 12: 7-11 Permissive Will: the Rhema knowledge of God. Example: how do you know what person to marry or what job to take?• How: Change the mind set by doing something different. Example: Never say you can’t afford it but say “it’s not wisdom for me right now.” Faith begins where the will of God is known.• When: Faith believes now! The flesh constantly doubts but our part is to believe. You must find interest in reading and meditating on the word of God.• Why: God needs us to comply with him. Start speaking what the word says as the solution to the problem.• Who: The authority in the word of God has been given to the believer through Jesus Christ. He gave us rights to claim the promises of God. Jesus is our advocate to carry out what we want.
14. Pastor Antonio Herndon’s Desk………• Join us Tuesdays 8:00pm over the phone (916) 233-2999 access code # 709661 (this is not toll free) for a time of declaration and prayer.• The Miracle Center Ministries church by mobile website currently features a donation button for tithes and offerings for auxiliaries such as “The Love Kitchen”, “Pastoral Aide” and a host of others yet to come. You may access this through your mobile phone by texting Miracle to 71441.• Please invite 5 people to attend the “5 Alive” church service. Pastor has bundled postcard flyers for us to pass out or mail to help with this evangelistic campaign.• We have a basket with turkey and all the trimmings to give to a family for Christmas. Call us if you know of a family in need.
15. FROM THE EDITOR The fan said “be cool” The roof said “aim high” The window said “see the world”The clock said “every minute is precious” The mirror said “reflect before you act” The calendar said “be up to date” The door said “push hard” The carpet said “kneel down to pray” Have a purposeful day! Lady Akiba Herndon