Why use a framework ?
● Codify your application structure
● Provide solutions to common problems
● Abstract levels of functionality
● Make rapid development easier
● Rapid application development
● CodeIgniter is a lightweight web application
framework written in PHP that adopts the
model-view-controller approach to development
● Open source
● Well-supported by an active community
● Excellent “by example” documentation
● Easy to configure
● Supports multiple databases
● Uses MVC
● Separates User Interface From Business Logic
● Model - Encapsulates core application data and
functionality Business Logic.
● View - obtains data from the model and
presents it to the user.
● Controller - receives and translates input to
requests on the model or the view
● Model in CodeIgniter is not enforced
● CodeIgniter comes with a wide array of “helper”
functions that add convenience to applications
and provide ease of reuse.
● CodeIgniter also allows for the use of custom
add-on functions called “plugins”.
● Has built-in classes contain the basic
functionality that are frequently used by web
● The most-used classes are: