“If we knew what it was we were
doing, it would not be called
research, would it?
The Web as an
innovation and sharing
platform for research.
btw: Happy 25th birthday WWW - www.webat25.org
The Web is trendy and
has all the cool toys.
btw: Google started as a research project.
The Web as a
btw: Read more about the Open Access initiative - www.open-access.net
Sharing ideas and
collaborating with other
Being novel with Web Technologies…
• Web Specifications – ambiguous and in some cases vague –
owl:Nothing subclassOf owl:Thing
• (fresh) Web Technologies are somewhat unstable – I'm looking at
you IndexedDB/FileAPI/WebRTC etc.
• Maintaining Web applications a constant challenge
• Open Web API’s – sort of (when they’re working)
• Available on all platforms – let’s just say that mobile is still a
… YES we can.
(& hopefully there is a internet
connection to run the demo)
available at - www.purl.org/vowl/
Don’t fear failure
Keep an open mind