1. Lessons learned fromwriting scientific articlesDos and don‘ts Stefan Negru, Constantin Catalin Dragan Faculty of Computer Science, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
2. How to get yourself rejected successfully• Disregard for fluency in presenting your idea• Poor English or vocabulary;• Cite from Wikipedia - the “best” reference available;• Dont respect the required article format - write a plain txt file;• Send your paper to many journals maybe one of them will accept it - also a great way to get banned;• Send the same paper for consecutive years without changing anything - another great way to get banned;• Misconduct, Fabricate, Falsify, Plagiarize – IT ALWAYS WORKS!
3. What to do when rejected/negative review• Get depressed and cry (me a river) - it helps if you go back and write a better paper;• Review the reviews - it most certainly is your fault if a misunderstanding occurred;• Modify and select a more suitable journal.
4. How NOT to write a paper successfully• Dont read enough before starting your paper• Follow high-school essay/report guidelines - abstract, introduction, content, conclusion, bibliography;• Write references/ bibliography and dont cite them in your paper• Dont follow up on your idea
5. Now it’s time to get serious …
6. Choose your time frame carefully • start with one article • read similar work • dont forget to stop readingReading • outline your idea • develop your idea (research and start working on your idea) - preliminary title • outline your findings • related workWriting • introduction, conclusion, title, abstract (in this order) • compile a list of possible journals ( hint: look at the references of your paper, search for journals using keywords of your paper) • selection criteria: relevance to your idea, impact factor, time of acceptance/rejectionChoosing • format your paper
7. What to do next ? rejection acceptance modify publish